No announcement yet.

Living the Dream in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place is looking great! Interested in the controlled burn, how much area did you burn and did you have to notify anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
      Place is looking great! Interested in the controlled burn, how much area did you burn and did you have to notify anyone?
      Thank you! The burn was roughly a 100 acres. I had my neighbor assist the burn. He does it all the time and knows what he's doing. You are supposed to notify the FD. But no one does. I don't believe you are very far from me.. stop by some time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
        Thank you! The burn was roughly a 100 acres. I had my neighbor assist the burn. He does it all the time and knows what he's doing. You are supposed to notify the FD. But no one does. I don't believe you are very far from me.. stop by some time.

Yessir, I think we are only about 2 miles apart. I would love to stop by and meet y’all, and for you to come see my place as well. Good to have a good neighbor rt down the road. PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
          Yessir, I think we are only about 2 miles apart. I would love to stop by and meet y’all, and for you to come see my place as well. Good to have a good neighbor rt down the road. PM sent
          PM sent

Comment

Nice shed! I bet you will find some more sheds with the burn off!

Comment

Completed the burn this past weekend and sprayed food plots. Will be planting memorial weekend. Finished with most of my big projects so far...ready to start to see some antler growth in the up and coming months. Fawns will be dropping first week of June.

Comment

Looking good John! I sprayed last week to get ready to plant as well. What do u plan to plant?

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                  Looking good John! I sprayed last week to get ready to plant as well. What do u plan to plant?
                  Thanks! I will be planting iron clay peas on two plots and sunflowers on another. I will come back and fertilize in about 2 weeks after I plant. How's your new place coming along?

Comment

Update on ranch activities. Planted food plots this weekend. Just barely dry enough to plant but got it done. Tractor did get stuck on the last food plot..another story to get that thing out. Took out a big boar Friday night. Fawns are starting to drop. A little earlier than last year.

Comment

Now that is stuck ! wow.

Comment

What county did you purchase in how much did you pay per acre?

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                          What county did you purchase in how much did you pay per acre?
                          It's in Pittsburgh county. I bought it 3 years ago. Prices have changed since then. Contact Darton and he could give you a better idea what per acre price is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                            Now that is stuck ! wow.
                            For sure it was.

Comment

John, you did a great job of getting stuck��. Plots are looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                                John, you did a great job of getting stuck��. Plots are looking good!
                                Thanks, and I didnt even put any effort into the getting stuck part..getting it out is another story.

Comment

Working...
                                X