No announcement yet.

Best tire sealant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told they all evaporate and need to be reapplied. They do work but depending on use will only last a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
      I was told they all evaporate and need to be reapplied. They do work but depending on use will only last a few months.
      I just replaced my front tractor tires because of tread wear and I've had Multi-Seal in them for about 5 years and they both had plenty "juice" in the tires.

Comment

gemplers tire sealant really good stuff

Comment

Multi-Seal

Comment

were can you buy multi seal at

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John View Post
              Amazon is the easiest. Tractor Supply also carries it I think.

Comment

none of them work well for me.

Comment

Thanks, EL General. Have Slime in tractor and ATV tires and it doesn't work. Gonna give this a try

Comment

Here you go...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5DWhIF1c0M"]Is Tire Slime the Best? Let's find out! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John View Post
                      I got mine from Polaris Fun Center in Bryan. I think I did 32 pumps per tire on my '01 Honda (bought it from a John Deer dealer back then and after that was unable to find it for about 5 years) until I bought our Ranger.

Dealer put it in the Ranger. It has been in the factory tires for over 5 years while running through La Pryor for a couple of years, Goliad for a year, around the house for a year, then now outside of Brady. And believe me when I tell you I do not avoid small mesquite, huisache, large cactus, etc. I just drive over them.

I have NEVER had a flat.

After I changed my tires on the 4 wheeler finally, i could not find it and have used, slime, some purple stuff, and two other types, and always have flats.

Now that i found these other 2 gallons of Multi-Seal, I now have to take the tires off the rims on my and my son's 4 wheelers, clean them out, and then pump these into the tires to fix them properly.

I personally will never use anything else until I can no longer find it, then I will be looking this thread up.

Regardless of whatever price you find it for, to me it is worth it.

Comment

I was having a leak in one tire on the atv. Put about 8 ounces of concentrated starch in that tire. It has held air, without fail, since.
                        Last edited by JayB; 09-17-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Another vote for multi seal..The green stuff causes the inside of the rim to rust over time.Becomes much easier to break the bead,and you can never get it to seal back up.All of my mowers have multi seal in them.I haven't had a flat in 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
                            I got mine from Polaris Fun Center in Bryan. I think I did 32 pumps per tire on my '01 Honda (bought it from a John Deer dealer back then and after that was unable to find it for about 5 years) until I bought our Ranger.

Dealer put it in the Ranger. It has been in the factory tires for over 5 years while running through La Pryor for a couple of years, Goliad for a year, around the house for a year, then now outside of Brady. And believe me when I tell you I do not avoid small mesquite, huisache, large cactus, etc. I just drive over them.

I have NEVER had a flat.

After I changed my tires on the 4 wheeler finally, i could not find it and have used, slime, some purple stuff, and two other types, and always have flats.

Now that i found these other 2 gallons of Multi-Seal, I now have to take the tires off the rims on my and my son's 4 wheelers, clean them out, and then pump these into the tires to fix them properly.

I personally will never use anything else until I can no longer find it, then I will be looking this thread up.

Regardless of whatever price you find it for, to me it is worth it.
                            thanks gonna give it a try. if it works gonna need the 5 gallon one for tractors and ATV'S

Comment

Multi Seal is by far the best, hands down

Comment

Question. I just bought a used ATV from a guy who was the 2nd owner. He does not know if there was sealer in the tires when he bought it. I want to have that protection but if I add sealant will it cause a problem if it is already in there? Is there such a thing as having too much?

Comment

Working...
                                X