Grimm Reaper Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimm Reaper Broadhead

I shot the Grimm Reaper 1 3/8" broadhead for the first time Sunday. Here is the shot at 50yds. I was glad to see that try hit the same as my Slick Tricks. I think I will try them out at the GRXH this year.

I will have my Slick Trick as backup.

Hard to tell without blowing up the pic but it hit the top, right coner of the O.

rl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 05 gray ghost; 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM.

What were you aiming at?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      What were you aiming at?
      The O in BLOCK, center of the target. Some luck was involved as my group is more like 5-6" at that distance.

rl

Comment

They have never failed me.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
          They have never failed me.
          That is what my friend that shoes my daughters horse said too.

Comment

Best mechanical on the market IMO.

Comment

On a side note, make sure that if you shoot a real head that you either retire the broadhead or change out the expansion cup that has the blade grooves in it.

If you dont, they may open in flight. Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                On a side note, make sure that if you shoot a real head that you either retire the broadhead or change out the expansion cup that has the blade grooves in it.

Retire it. I've tried to change the parts after a shot and there is always one blade that will not operate properly. Still gets the job done but scares me. After two does (one got away) that only two blades opened up Im scared to re-use them.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post

Thanks

rl

Comment

I shoot the 1 3/4 heads and I must say they are really good. The small one was on the wrong end of the pass thru if ya know what I mean.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J Dub View Post
                      Retire it. I've tried to change the parts after a shot and there is always one blade that will not operate properly. Still gets the job done but scares me. After two does (one got away) that only two blades opened up Im scared to re-use them.
                      Usually I can take it apart and rotate that spring wire then put it back together and it works fine. Have had a couple that wouldn't.

Comment

good deal

Comment

Love me some reapers!

Comment

Only one question. What is the reason for shooting a 1-3/8 mech with less linear cut than an ST has or no more than the ST depending on if its has mag blades or not if it hits the same spot????

Fyi those 1-3/4 Reapers tear on helluva hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Only one question. What is the reason for shooting a 1-3/8 mech with less linear cut than an ST has or no more than the ST depending on if its has mag blades or not if it hits the same spot????

Fyi those 1-3/4 Reapers tear on helluva hole.
                              I have the 1 3/8" reapers and grizz tricks in my quiver. I am very confident at 20 yards with the tricks. If I have to shoot 30+ yards, I will shoot the reapers. (Hogs) the smaller size give the reaper excellent penetration, and I know if my form is not all there on the longer shots, the reaper will be a little bit more forgiving.

Comment

Working...
                              X