Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
    Crossbow!

Yep!! Torn elbow tendon here and surgery scheduled 10/7. It’s a crossbow this year!

Comment

Just had the steroid injection in my bow shoulder this morning--but my issue is a slightly aggravated rotator cuff and won't require any cutting. This shot will get me thru bow season according to the doc, and he laughed when I told him feral hog season was year-round. Then he said get the shotgun out.

Comment

Do not slack on the rehab.

Comment

Sorry to hear and i can relate. I had a complete Labrum tear in highschool and had to have surgery. Most important thing is following through with rehab and not quitting the first time it feels "normal"

I made that mistake young and live with not rehabbing it right every day.

Comment

Yep, do the rehab, slow deliberate and dilligent. I've had both shoulders done, left was easy-slight labrum tear with two rotator cuff tears, bicep tendonesis, some general athritis clean-up etc. None of the tears were severe, required debridement only. Right shoulder was a mess, all of the above, tears needed to sewn up, AC joint issue blah, blah.

I would highly recommend discussing biologics (PRP, bone marrow etc) with your doc. I had PRP injections during surgery in both shoulders and a bone marrow shot into my right AC. Made a huge difference in my recovery. Second fwiw, find a doc that specializes in shoulders.

I'm 57, and back to lifting 3x week and rolling on the mat with BJJ 3x week. I shoot rifle and pistol weekly. I've seen too many in my peer group be stupid about early return to activity or stopping rehab prematurely.

Almost anyone over 50 that is semi active will have some tearing in the labrum and at least one of the four rotator cuffs, get ahead of it and fix it with surgery.

Good luck with the surgery and rehab!
            Last edited by labman; 09-22-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Pain in certain positions I have my shoulder/arm in, fingers going numb at times, loss of strength when trying to lift things above my shoulder, pain if it is a wrong position while trying to sleep!
              Sometimes there is pain while not doing anything, depends on what i have done while working or whatever.
              I had the same issues except mine was from just an impingement. I haven't pulled my bow back in two years. Doc told me it can't really be fixed and the action of drawing the bow is probably causing it. I stopped and it went away and can sleep through the night again. 4 months of waking up every couple hours because of the shoulder pain, i haven't wanted to pick my bow up. Almost picked it up this year though.

Comment

I need a replacement. Somedays I can pull my bow back a couple times, sometimes it ain't happening. So, in other words, the buck of a lifetime is going to walk out on the ain't happening day, lol. Good luck

Comment

I feel yalls pain I've had 5 shoulder surgeries .....rehab rehab rehab still can only shoot a crossbow..

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    I am sorry to hear this Doug.

I tore my Labrum cartilage last deer season climbing trees. I did 46 treestand sits. That is 92 times up and down a tree.

I was hurting most of December and January. I had an MRI in February. Started physical therapy in early March. I did 6 weeks of PT and it really helped. It taught me stretching and strengthening exercises that has helped me regain my range of motion. I still have some pain, but I can shoot my bow and do most everything that I had done before the injury.

Good luck. Work hard on your physical therapy and continue it at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    I was gonna suggest this as well.Building,and strengthening;can do wonders.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My right shoulder has been separated twice.

Early this year, it started aching pretty bad. I had thought about surgery.

I bought some collagen just for the blood system veins and arteries.

Been putting a tablespoon in my bullet proof coffee for a couple of months now.

My shoulder pain has subsided and the clicking and catches have gone away.

I know it's not "fixed", but it is muchos better.

YMMV.

Comment

sorry to hear that, i'm on the same boat as you. got my operation done on 091520. its been a week and 2 days today. should start PT soon. but my bow season didn't is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          After a 30 minute ultra sound, I now know why my shoulder has been giving me problems for what seems like forever. I have at least one tendon and maybe more with a tear. Not separated from a bone, but longways completely thru the tendon. Waiting to hear from the Orthopedic Doc.

My bow season may be over before it starts!
                          Exact thing happen to me in high school. Surgery isn’t too bad but the down time sucks.

Comment

Here is a summary of what they found:

high grade undersurface or small full thickness partial width tear of the anterior distal supraspinatus tendon, superimposed upon tendonitus

small areas of undersurface tearing of distal subscapularis rendon
                            findings suggesting longitudinal split tear of long head of biceps tendon.
                            added fluid and debris present within biceps tendon sheath.

To me, this does not sound good. Have not talked to the Ortho surgeon yet, but I want this fixed and not a long drawn out "maybe in a few months it will heal on it's own",

I have a new place and with 6.46 acres and needing to keep it mowed and to clean up around 3 structures and my pond, I cannot afford to be out of commission for an extended period waiting on something that may or may not heal on it's own. Am i wrong in my thinking for you that have been down this road?

Comment

Same thing happened to me. Agree with crossbow with crank. Don’t miss this season. Get a crossbow with scope and shoot it in. You can be back in business in two days.

Comment

I hurt my shoulder on a pheasant hunting trip to Iowa. We were sitting around drinking Crown Royal and I thought it would be a good idea to arm wrestle. My doctor told me I just had a little bone spur and some arthritis from pitching that he needed to clean up and I would be throwing a baseball to my son in 4 weeks. After 2 or 3 hours of surgery he told me it would be 6 months to a year before I could throw. It was closer to a year. I could pull back my bow a lot sooner that I could throw for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X