Sam Houston NF 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
    Yeah, they’re no where near that big. About 15k subs vs 380k subs for THP. The Element have an appeal to Texas, and just last year I feel like really broke into the midwest scene. In a few years and a few more states and that could change. I wasn’t real impressed with the spots they showed in the video. I think there are better spots they didn’t show. Idk if that was on purpose or lack of time. I sure hope your spot wasn’t the one with the gravity feeder LOL

The subs and stuff doesn’t really matter. If you type in “Sam Houston National forest hunting” they are one of the top 3 videos that shows up.

I think that it won’t really matter unless they kill a monster there and talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      The subs and stuff doesn’t really matter. If you type in “Sam Houston National forest hunting” they are one of the top 3 videos that shows up.

I think that it won’t really matter unless they kill a monster there and talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      SEO and YouTube results are a completely different topic than reach and whether a property is a destination spot for hunters. I seriously doubt a guy in Iowa, Illinois, or Ohio is searching for SHNF or looking to travel there for deer. I don’t think this video will have much influence at all - especially since I don’t think they showed any of the deer they got on camera in the video.

Comment

Why are y’all talking on the 2020/2021 Sam thread? You need a 2021/2022 thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody been out to Stubblefield to see the new bridge? Is it finished? How’s the water there, thinking about putting in there with the kayak tomorrow. Is the water full of lettuce?
          Thanks

Comment

I don't remember his name but Tyler from the element has posted here and his dad is a member. I also do not think you will see them stomping around east tx NF during season but they know alot of people hunt the SHNF.

Comment

I listen to a lot of The Elements Podcasts, its good stuff. Im sure they try to avoid giving away any spots and they told the truth about the Sam. There is no deer in the Sam

Someone post up the new 2021 SHNF Thread.

Comment

Did not see to many old timers on this thread. Here’s my take if you want to be successful you better start thinking outside the box. I hunted the Sam many years ago. I met a guy one day that was older that told me about a cool spot and that is where I spent my time. No one ever walked in on me…..ever. I learned through the years that you better not flag any trails……ever. You have to hunt a lot and always be scouting. I also never had cars parked by me (thinking outside the box). Follow the rules to a T and you can be successful. Look at the maps and change your thought process. That is all I way say.

Me and huntingfool were attacked by a state and federal gw one evening/ night. They separated us first and all we had were bows. I had my chl on and the GW struggeled to get it out of the holster. It was a comedy scene. Went through truck and backpack looking for bait. FOUND NOTHING. Interviewed us and needed up being cool. Never said why they were there. Once again we had no cars anywhere close to where we are. Follow the rules and maps and you can be successful. Don’t cheat and spend lots of time with boots on the ground. I had 5 spots that were a longways in and always had good sign. I was successful a time or two[emoji16]

Comment

I’m an ole timer but new to the Sam. Had a female GW wait 45 min after dark till I came out. Very pleasant experience. No issues with her at all

Comment

Camped for a week out there and hunted, never saw a GW or Park Ranger or a deer for that matter. I know deer are out there but they are elusive to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                      Seen this tonight and thought it was funny. Let them grow boys.

Lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X