Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesomeness! You need to start a name it contest. I'll start with 'The Outpost'

Comment

So you're building a hunting townhouse.That's just ridiculous.

I love it!Pure awesomeness!!

DJ

Comment

Most. Epic. Blind. Ever!

Comment

This is an awesome build

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
              Thanks for the compliment. It was great meeting you guys. It sounds like you guys have a great place and hunt with some good folks. I really enjoyed the visit.

I found a local builder that just finished a nice stone building and he gave me all of the left overs from that job so I'm going to be off to a good start when I start laying stone. He said he had other jobs that he will have left over stone so I may be doing the stone on this one for pretty much free. That's hard to beat a deal like that.

I finished building the frames for the Deerview windows today and I think I have enough lumber to finish the framing including the roof. I'll hopefully put the metal on the roof next weekend and start laying stone. I'm really getting excited about this one.

Awesome!

Comment

Coming along great, I love to follow your builds.

Comment

I would make a road trip just to stand in front of your blinds!

Wow, that's all I got on this one.

Rwc

Comment

Great blind build. This is exactley what I wanna build at the rock quarry I run. However I wanna build it 100% out of stone except roof. Let me know if you wanna discuss stone options. I would love to see my stone on this beast and can prolly save you some money if your buying it retail locally. Pm me if you wanna talk. Great job!!

Comment

Holy mother of deer blinds!!!!

Tuned in...

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Great, now everybody is gonna want one! Awesome build, how about rock the first floor and use 2" foam board and stucco the second floor. Are u just gonna sleep in it and wake up and hunt, cause I think thats what most of us have in the back of our minds!!

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                            Great, now everybody is gonna want one! Awesome build, how about rock the first floor and use 2" foam board and stucco the second floor. Are u just gonna sleep in it and wake up and hunt, cause I think thats what most of us have in the back of our minds!!
                            I may sleep in it if I have a big one that is coming in early. That's what I like about the "shack". I can go in the day before, hunt, pig hunt at night with my light, go to bed at anytime and get up and I'm already in the blind. I have noticed a difference by not walking in and blowing out deer on the way into the blind.

If I need to sleep in this one it is for sure big enough but that's not why I built it. I have deer come into this location that I never see at any of my other set ups. It's kind of back in the brush and my trail camera shows me deer in there that I never get on any other camera any where else on my place. I wanted something that was scent free and elevated and quiet.

I'm also getting allergic to the cold ha ha. Nothing like kicking off your boots and putting on your goose down slippers and settling in for a relaxing, warm, and dry hunt. Weather no longer decides when I go hunting and how comfortable I am.

If I knew how to do stucco I would probably consider it but I think I'm going to stick with the stone. I'm not the best stone mason but it makes a good shell. The wind can be blowing 50 mph and you can't even hear it in the shack. It's a good scent barrier too. Especially with an Ozonics unit in there.

Comment

Coming along nicely. I love to see your blind builds.

Comment

WOW, that's impressive!

Comment

Working...
                                X