No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are out in Temple but manager said getting a new shipment next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
      Even on the low speed setting, I don’t have any corn piling up next to the feeder, and no corn getting clogged between the plate and bottom of hopper. This pic was 11 minutes after the feeder went off (didn’t adjust time for daylight savings), and you can clearly see how far the corn is scattered with the low speed setting.

What camera is that, the picture is crazy clear!

Comment

They had at least 7 in stock in Terrell on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by jkg2003 View Post
          What camera is that, the picture is crazy clear!

I can’t remember the exact model. It’s a new one I just picked up a month ago. Wasn’t a fan of the earlier Wild Game cameras, but decided to give the new ones a shot. I’ll try to see if I can find the box.

Comment

I’m interested in a couple of these, my biggest concern is what’s to keep a pig or something bumping/breaking the motor off?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              I’m interested in a couple of these, my biggest concern is what’s to keep a pig or something bumping/breaking the motor off?
              It would be pretty hard for one to get under it to the point where they could break it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I

I bought this one weekend before last for $549 and I will be switching my feeders with a 55 gallon drum to these as they wear out.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I

I bought this one weekend before last for $549 and I will be switching my feeders with a 55 gallon drum to these as they wear out.

Have been running one for 6 months now and I really HATE how the corn piles up underneath the motor. Every time I go out to refill I have to scrape off a layer of corn. If it wasn’t for that one issue I would already have 2 more. Love the fact that I can hook it up to the 4 wheeler and drag it completely full to a new location. No trouble with solar panel and motor so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                    Have been running one for 6 months now and I really HATE how the corn piles up underneath the motor. Every time I go out to refill I have to scrape off a layer of corn. If it wasn’t for that one issue I would already have 2 more. Love the fact that I can hook it up to the 4 wheeler and drag it completely full to a new location. No trouble with solar panel and motor so far.

Does yours have the metal plate below the motor? I have seen some that have wire underneath the motor instead of the plate.

Comment

Yeah, mine has the metal plate. I think the one with the wire would have been better but that wasn’t an option where I picked up my ASF.

Comment

This is the build up after just one weekend. It gets piled up pretty good after 2 weeks.

Comment

My All Seasons stand and fill was “pre-metal plate” on the bottom. (Just more mesh below for corn to fall through). The deer get the corn below just fine. I have cattle panels around my feeder, so hogs are not a problem digging at excess corn below the feeder. If you’ve got no feeder pen, I guess I could see that as an issue (corn below feeder).

I’ve seen the Lamco’s, and they are nice, but not $200-$250 nicer than the stand and fill (which in my opinion, has a better “sled” on the bottom to move around easily) and certainly not $300-$350 better than the ez feeder. The Lamco’s I’ve seen were $750.

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post

This is the build up after just one weekend. It gets piled up pretty good after 2 weeks.

That’s wild. I have the same feeder and the corn just slides right down. Maybe a kernel or two will stay but the wind takes care of those.

Maybe wax it or something?

Comment

Or get a drill with a stepped bit and spend some time perforating it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                                Or get a drill with a stepped bit and spend some time perforating it.

That’s crossed my mind but waiting till offseason to fix the issue. I was just thinking of picking up another feeder or two for next year and this just has me looking at other brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X