No announcement yet.

I feel like a scumbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t beat yourself up about it, if you’re a bow hunter this has happened or will happen eventually some time or another. Keep your head up and don’t start doubting yourself and abilities!

Comment

If the broadhead was rubbing up against the leg bone or shoulder blade while the deer was running then it could easily have roughed it up.

Comment

The deer thinks you are a scumbag whether you wounded or killed him....either way he'd prefer neither happened so that's a wash. Nobody else matters.....especially some mythical hunting community we are supposed to perform for. **** happens..move on...practice some more and go get back in the saddle. I did something similar last year and got another shot at him 30 days later..

He's right there
        <---------<

Last edited by Smart; 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Happened to me 8 years ago at 20 yard shot. I hit too much shoulder on a good buck & arrow ricocheted off him. The ferrule was bent pretty bad & both blades broke off a 2-blade mechanical head. I was shooting an Elite z28 at 68LBS. I was sick & upset too but it happens. Hopefully you get another chance at him

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            The deer thinks you are a scumbag whether you wounded or killed him....either way he'd prefer neither happened so that's a wash. Nobody else matters.....especially some mythical hunting community we are supposed to perform for. **** happens..move on...practice some more and go get back in the saddle. I did something similar last year and got another shot at him 30 days later..
            Nicely said..

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                All I know is...

We called him first, he said you guys request permission and if they tell you no call me back and I will go over there myself and recover the Buck whether they agree or not. We called, they said no way. About 45mins later the GW showed up, we showed him where the blood trail went under the fence. He said, you guys stay here at the fence and wait. About 20 mins later here came the GW with the buck in tow.
                Hmmm I like that GW, by the letter of the law he probably shouldn't have done that but he also probably did the right thing.

Comment

I did the same thing two years ago. He showed back up at the feeder a week later. I killed him the first week of rifle season. Very satisfied with that one.
                  You can see the mark on his shoulder, he dropped and pushed off during the arrow flight, but I was still too far forward.
                  He had almost healed completely but the hide ripped back open when I drug him into the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the main reason when I got off my lease and bought my 30 acres the bow has been put up even though i'm in good standing with my big ranch neighbors I dont want to bother them when a deer crosses after a shot I just let the 308. Eat now

Comment

Working...
                    X