Magnus black hornet or DirtNap DRT single bevel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus black hornet or DirtNap DRT single bevel

Think I have it narrowed down to these two. Both 4 blade. Looking for a cut on contact with a larger diameter in this price range. Any experience with either?

No experience with the DRT.

I shot one doe with the Black hornets at 16 yards through the knuckle into her heart. Knocked out the bleeder blades and bent the ferrule to almost 90 degrees. I gave the other two in the pack away.

I went back to slick tricks. I refuse to shoot another broadhead with an aluminum ferrule.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Black Hornet

I shot a doe last year with the Black Hornet. The Back Hornet held up pretty well. Entered into the shoulder and exited other side just above the elbow. I don't recall what all it hit internally as far as bone. I have yet to work the blade to see if I can get it sharp again. Both bleeder blades came through intact. I'm not worried about it because of their excellent warranty. Last year I also bought DRTs but in the double bevel design. I hope to shoot something with the DRT this season.

She ran about 40 yards and was done.

Comment

No experience with DRTs but the Black Hornets are ridiculously sharp and hold a heck of an edge. I practice with them out to 100 yards for fun. They fly true.

Comment

Working...
        X