Bownanza and COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bownanza and COVID-19

We've had a couple of calls/texts regarding Bownanza and the virus. We confirmed this morning with the City of Bryan that they are still permitting large groups, so as of this moment we will continue with Bownanza plans, unless directed otherwise by the city.

Our decision to not to cancel the event is not an easy one, nor is it one that we have taken lightly. Risks are somewhat mitigated because it is held at an outdoor venue and I believe we are, collectively, a relatively heathy population group. Part of me feels like we need to follow suit with the near-draconian efforts to "contain" the virus, but I also feel compelled to continue with the event to provide some much needed "normalcy" to some of the hysteria.

That said, I think we need to exercise an abundance of caution, most of which is common sense, but probably still needs to be pointed out...

First, if you are sick - DON'T COME! Even if it's not likely COVID, now isn't the time to "push through" and create uncertainty.

If you have recently traveled to a high risk country, consider skipping this one.

If your immune system (or that of a close loved one) is compromised, it's probably a good idea to stay away from any large public gathering, even Bownanza. I know there are several of our members that are, or have, courageously battled cancer or other serious ailments, and the love from our TBH brothers and sisters is therapeutic (and we want to shower you with all the love we can), but if you are in a high risk group, we encourage you to stay home, get well and we'll see you next year (while showering you with love and prayers from afar! )

Teams - be sure to OVERLY sanitize your food preparation and serving areas! This should go without saying, but I'm saying it anyway! I'll have plenty of Nitrile gloves at Team Rib if you need any.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing those of you that make the trip this weekend, and we'll miss those that can't make it. Travel safe, or self-quarantine safe, whichever your choice!
    My Flickr Photos

My safety topic contribution to Nanza. As an attempt to hopefully help mitigate the spread of this invasive and vile organism...there will be ABSOLUTELY NO DIRECT LIP SHARING of the shine mason jars this year! I will try to find some small Dixie cups at Wally World.

Thanks for the update Michael...travel safe amigos!!

Comment

I guess if there is a year to miss Nanza this would be the one. Have fun everyone...be safe and be clean.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        My safety topic contribution to Nanza. As an attempt to hopefully help mitigate the spread of this invasive and vile organism...there will be ABSOLUTELY NO DIRECT LIP SHARING of the shine mason jars this year! I will try to find some small Dixie cups at Wally World.

I have some solo cups I can bring

Comment

Y’all better put all the GOFs in a bubble. I’m looking at you Mr Brint

Comment

Just made it home last night from Norway. Unfortunately I will have to skip this year. Yall have fun and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Warren View Post
              Just made it home last night from Norway. Unfortunately I will have to skip this year. Yall have fun and be safe.
              is there as much panic in Norway as there is here?

Comment

Everyone have a safe and fun trip..

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  is there as much panic in Norway as there is here?
                  From what I saw there is not. I was only there for one night. I flew in and found out the travel restrictions Trump made from Europe so the decision was made to comeback home. I thought I would see more panic in the airport but honestly it was not that bad. Very few people had masks on. All of my flights had fewer people on them but still fairly full.

Comment

Maybe we should air bow each other instead of hand shake

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Maybe we should air bow each other instead of hand shake
                      When I arrived to Norway the other day the person picking me up from the company I was visiting text me and said that he would not be shaking my hand due to the virus.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Question... I am coming in from the Austin area where two confirmed cases have surfaced, is it ok if I still attend Bownanza?

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Have no fear, the shine and I are not going to be acquainted this year.

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
                          Thank you for the update. Question... I am coming in from the Austin area where two confirmed cases have surfaced, is it ok if I still attend Bownanza?
                          Did you have reason to believe that you had contact with one of those people or someone that they had contact with? If no, I would think you are okay.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Have no fear, the shine and I are not going to be acquainted this year.

Did you have reason to believe that you had contact with one of those people or someone that they had contact with? If no, I would think you are okay.
                            I don't have reason to believe I have had contact but I work in a building with 330 other people so that is impossible for me to know for sure. Just wanted get other opinions and if there is a general consensus that I should not go, I wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
                              I don't have reason to believe I have had contact but I work in a building with 330 other people so that is impossible for me to know for sure. Just wanted get other opinions and if there is a general consensus that I should not go, I wont.

You don’t need permission to come. If you’re not sick then come have a good time

Comment

Working...
                              X