Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerobic septic system in temps this cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    They told me they couldn’t do that? Didn’t want sprinklers in my yard
    They didnt say you couldnt do that

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
      Same hear. I may turn off compressor to aeration tank because moisture in pressure switch tube often freezes in extreme temps. The pump will still operate.
      This will cause your system to go anaerobic and become really stinky.

Comment

I used a tarp to tent the above ground pump and piping and put halogen light under it. Everything else is on and we have 2 extra people in the house. Everything fine so far.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
          This will cause your system to go anaerobic and become really stinky.
          Not to worry. I lost my sense of smell a few years ago.

Comment

I didn't turn anything off on mine and the sprinklers sprayed and melted some snow.

Comment

Well the one sprinkler never froze up. Thank God. Did make some cool crapper sprinkler frozen trees

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping this up top. My septic sprinklers haven’t activated after the freeze at least from what I can tell. 🤔We haven’t had an issue with losing water or even electricity for very long. I busted all the ice-snow out away from the heads yesterday....they are clear and appear fine??

No alarm or red lights are on. Water is working...no water backing up into the plumbing. Should I be worried about the sprinklers not activating? Seems they would have come on by now after all the showers and load of dishes-laundry.🤔 I have a call into my septic guy.

Comment

Do you have a test sprinkler switch?

Comment

I watched mine come on and spray after our showers this morning. It has been working the entire time because I have 3 ice skating rinks about 40’ in diameter each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine head up and kept running. No problems. Guessing because we kept sinks dripping and mare it go off each hour

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        Do you have a test sprinkler switch?
                        I can open up a chamber and lift the float that triggers the sprinklers. I may try that....that way I can visually see the water level as well.

Comment

I had 3 faucets running since last Saturday plus normal consumption for 2 people. My system did fine and it got down to -4 degrees. I am very thankful.

Comment

You might unscrew the sprinkler cans and see if that narrows the issue down to the sprinklers. If you get water to pump from the pvc tubing, you'll know your sprinklers aren't thawed out and you can put them in really warm water to thaw them prior to re-installing. They need cleaning out occasionally anyway, due to grass and mud.

Comment

I lost power for 5 days and it came back on about 1am today while I was at work I was afraid the heads wouldn’t pop up and it’d pump back up the toilets. When I got home I was relieved to see the popped thru the ice, sprayed correctly and all is well!

Comment

Working...
                              X