Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered a generator, honestly I’m not sure how I’ve made it this long without one. I havnt needed it yet, but I got friends a few miles away who havnt had power for 2 days, and I’m not doing that. I could do it, without issue....but I’m not.

I gave away some firewood, I’ve got a bunch of propane and heaters that will be loaned out tomorrow if some folks power doesn’t come on.

We’ve been fine through the blackouts, but I’d be angry without power for 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m just gonna move in next to Curt and call it good [emoji1360]

Comment

How has no one mentioned Divorce!!!??

Comment

Probably add a wood burning stove this year

Comment

Enough firewood to last a week, all day every day.
            Love to have a generator, but in N texas i just dont see them cost effective in the long run.
            I did feel very under prepared overall for this storm. We in N Texas arent use to being without power for more than a few hours. This has been an eye opener and i still dont know what to prepare for.
            We have been without power for more than 75% of the last two days. That isnt crap compared to what some folks are going through.
            I feel bad for thinking how suckey we have it when folks here are going thru worse and when you guys down south deal with this every few years.

Sure could use some feedback on how to better prepare here in N Texas

Comment

Backup generator!

Cold. ice. snow and possibility of severe weather in the spring with storms and tornadoes that could cut off power supplies for days!

Comment

I'm going to seriously consider a properly installed backup gen. I have a portable gen, but i would like to not have to mess w all the cords

Comment

We pretty much have everything we need, not like Curt, but good enough. Did the generator with a transfer switch a couple of years ago, have a wood stove & a ton of wood since our place is all Oak trees. SIP home is pretty easy to heat, so it's all good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I’ve never considered myself a prepper, but there isn’t one thing that I’ve needed or would need that I don’t have somewhere.

I have a 15kw gen if power is ever lost.
                    I keep 20 gallons of gas at the house and 100 at the farm. 20,000 gal of diesel at shop.
                    I have about 2 cords of firewood cut.
                    40,000 gal of water in my pool.
                    Four freezers full of meat and vegetables.
                    250gal propane stays topped off.
                    I have an outdoor kitchen that runs on propane.
                    Have a Percolator.

I don’t even consider myself “prepared”, I just have so much **** that eventually every possibility is covered.[emoji4]

You may not be a prepper, but there are preppers reading this that are jealous right now! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never considered myself a prepper, but there isn’t one thing that I’ve needed or would need that I don’t have somewhere.

I have a 15kw gen if power is ever lost.
                      I keep 20 gallons of gas at the house and 100 at the farm. 20,000 gal of diesel at shop.
                      I have about 2 cords of firewood cut.
                      40,000 gal of water in my pool.
                      Four freezers full of meat and vegetables.
                      250gal propane stays topped off.
                      I have an outdoor kitchen that runs on propane.
                      Have a Percolator.

I don’t even consider myself “prepared”, I just have so much **** that eventually every possibility is covered.[emoji4]

Directions to this guy's house and 4 dozen vacuum sealed mc ribs

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bigger generator, stock up on propane bottles, need a few more heat lamps for the chickens and goats, and from now on....I will have a full case of Four Roses bourbon on hand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          How has no one mentioned Divorce!!!??
                          My wife helps keep me warm

Comment

We need a meme of the TP hoarder lighting TP on fire to stay warm.

Comment

Not gonna lie...I’m not sure I have enough of this.

If you would get going you could be caping out some nice pelts and making moccasins, hats, and gloves for the family and use the surplus as wampum and trade for whiskey with the neighboring village

Comment

Man I’m gonna convert my stovetop back to gas instead of electric.

Comment

Working...
                                X