Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS

I've been thinking about buying one of these and wanted some opinions. Researching it on TBH it gets good reviews but on many other sights I found complaints about problems with the CDS not tracking or returning to zero. Is it an old problem Leupold worked out?
    I'm not a competitive or target shooter. This scope would be for hunting and I wouldn't want to shoot at an animal past 300-350 yards. Would like to use it in the mountains for elk and mule deer.

Following, as I just purchased a CDS scope as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an older VX3 with CDS that works pretty good no issues returning to zero

Comment

I purchased a 4.5-14X50 and love it so far. By far the clearest glass I own. I also have very great low light visibility. I have no experience with the CDS system, but my family has used Leupold CDS and had no issues. Working on getting a load put together before I send it off.

Comment

I have a VX 3 6.5x20 and no complaints

Comment

People claim to have tracking issues but knock on wood I have not encountered that with the ones I own. I own 1 older vx-3 and several newer 3i’s and 5’s, all of which have either moa turrets or the CDS. The CDS is nice and convenient but for me personally I don’t see a real need for it out to 350 unless you just really want that added luxury on your scope, especially with the modern flat shooting cartridges people are shooting these days, plus an elk and mule deer have a much larger room for error than a whitetail. With that said I have a vx5 2-10x42 CDS on my .338 win mag but that’s only because i will shoot it to 450-500 if I need to and it’s not the flattest cartridge. The other rifles I have the CDS or turrets on I shoot further than that and it’s a necessity. Having said all that I would buy one with the CDS cause it’s a nice luxury.

Comment

No issues with my CDS returning to zero to date.

Comment

Thanks. Glad to hear this. People here seem to like the CDS so I was surprised when I found negative reports on other sites.

Comment

Working...
                X