DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    I do believe every flying bug in the neighborhood showed up to inspect the final primer coat! In the morning I will lightly sand them out and prepare the hull for paint.

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
    Project Skipjack

Might try hanging plastic for a “paint booth” with some fans blowing out to suck out fumes and bugs for final coat.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Might try hanging plastic for a “paint booth” with some fans blowing out to suck out fumes and bugs for final coat.

That’s a good idea. May have to make a Lowe’s run in the morning.

Comment

Still following this. Man, this is cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Dadgummit that was stressful and came with a hard lesson learned! I put so much personal emphasis on weather the primer would be compatible that I completely forgot about my choice of rollers! Yes, you guessed it, right off the bat it started disintegrating and I now have a 1’x2’ area to clean up tomorrow before applying the second coat [emoji2361]

Overall I am very happy with the results of just brushing it and thank the good Lord I did go with a high quality brush. You know, a person could fabricate the most beautiful boat in the words but if they slap a coat of house paint on without a care in the world it will look like a ****.

Comment

Looking good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              Looking good!!!

Thank you sir. I can’t wait to flip her over and really dig in with the subtle details.

Michael

Comment

I got the final coat of paint on this morning!!! Now to get everything ready for the big flip Monday onto the trailer. I tell y’all, I cannot sing Salt Boatworks praises enough! Not only do they offer easy to follow plans for a first time builder like myself but they also provide awesome technical support before and after you purchase plans. Anyway, I don’t want to sound like a commercial so I will let the picture of Project Skipjack do the talking.

Michael

Comment

Love that color! Keep up the great work

Comment

Man that thing is hella fantastic looking. Really dig that color. I would love to do that one day. Keep up the great work bud

Comment

dang that looks good

Comment

Vetty vetty chiney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That looks awesome. Great progress.

Comment

A schedule and plan change is in order. Tuesday, with the help of a couple friends, we will take the boat off the bench and flip her onto furniture dollies in the shop and not onto the trailer. With this being spring I would rather not have to call a rain delay!

Michael

Comment

Looking real nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                A schedule and plan change is in order. Tuesday, with the help of a couple friends, we will take the boat off the bench and flip her onto furniture dollies in the shop and not onto the trailer. With this being spring I would rather not have to call a rain delay!

Michael
                                Wise decision!
                                If I only had a garage! With all the rain my boat project mostly just sits there looking lonely [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X