Backyard Ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backyard Ponds

Any of you build / maintain your own back yard ponds? not anything large im talking size of a baby pool... think it would be fun to build even if its with one of those preformed molds to have for kidds and a few goldfish or perch. If you have let me know some dos and donts and post some pics… I don't think the build/setup would be to difficult but maintain water clarity and life in the pond would be. Any info would be great and times like these a project outside would be great hahha

In for possible ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up tilapia farming.
      Their poop feeds the plants and the plants feed the fish

Comment

I built one when I lived in Dallas. Made it 3'x5'x7', 18" to 36 " deep. I had it 25 yrs, and person who bought the house has had it 10 yrs as of today. Did by my self, lots of mixing bags of ready mix, with chicken wire in the bottom on little stand offs. Make sure you add a drain pipe and over flow pipe. Set reticulation pump on a block to keep crap out of the intake.

Comment

I know these guys are into it

Comment

I've got 7 that I've built. What do you need to know?
            Attached Files

Comment

those look great just want to have something simple that looks decnt and kids can watch fish in.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                Any of you build / maintain your own back yard ponds? not anything large im talking size of a baby pool... think it would be fun to build even if its with one of those preformed molds to have for kidds and a few goldfish or perch. If you have let me know some dos and donts and post some pics… I don't think the build/setup would be to difficult but maintain water clarity and life in the pond would be. Any info would be great and times like these a project outside would be great hahha
                In for more info as well...

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                What is the material you use as a liner and would it resist a dog walking around on it fairly well?? How do the water plants hold up during winter??

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Whaaat? 7?!? You are my hero Bob!

Comment

Interested in this too.

Pump
                    Aeration
                    Filters
                    Type of fish
                    How hardi in cold/freeze

Draco’s look nice

Comment

Working...
                    X