No announcement yet.

Grimm Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite mechanical,Kills everything it hits quickly!

Comment

Killed several deer with them many years ago. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't like jackknife style opening mechs. However, their success is well documented.

Comment

Guess I’ll be shooting Reapers Whitetail Specials this year since I just found a box with about 15 in it while looking for my Solids & German Kentics for my boys to shoot. Also had some of the 1 3/8 fates steels in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
          Good stuff- I’m a fan.
          Sheesh!

Comment

I've killed a few pigs with them. They are simple and reliable. As much as i love rage, i've never had a grim jingle around with the o-rings coming off. I usually have one in my quiver.

Comment

Solid... Don't like them in pop up cause we use shoot through mesh butbon agree I use them a lot

Comment

For a great all-around broadhead, the Grim Reaper Razortip 1 3/8" is a great head. Good for whitetail deer, hogs & lower poundage set-ups. But for whitetail only, I definitely recommend the 1 3/4" Razortip. It still has a swept back blade angle (40 degree angle) for good penetration, tough, reliable and has more cutting diameter to help you out in case you're a tad off your mark. In the end, it's all about shot placement & razor sharp broadheads!!!!
                Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyayala View Post
                  For a great all-around broadhead, the Grim Reaper Razortip 1 3/8" is a great head. Good for whitetail deer, hogs & lower poundage set-ups. But for whitetail only, I definitely recommend the 1 3/4" Razortip. It still has a swept back blade angle (40 degree angle) for good penetration, tough, reliable and has more cutting diameter to help you out in case you're a tad off your mark. In the end, it's all about shot placement & razor sharp broadheads!!!!
                  Hope this helps.
                  Yea man. Well said Rob ! Love my GR’s.

Comment

I shot Grimm Reapers for years. Finally got tired of bent tips and poor penetration. They are killing machines but they do not like bone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      I shot Grimm Reapers for years. Finally got tired of bent tips and poor penetration. They are killing machines but they do not like bone.

You are shooting the wrong tip imo. That razorcut is what I shoot at turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post

Use the razor tip 1-3/8 you will not have a bent tip and you won’t be sorry

Comment

1-3/8" Razor tip user here, from a bow set at 58lbs. I've gotten pass-throughs on deer every time. Heck of a blood trail~! It's the only mechanical I'll use on low draw weight bows.

I also use the Grimm Reaper "Hades" fixed blade on pigs. Great blood trails with those too!

Comment

I love the 1 and 3/8 inch razortips. Probably my favorite mechanical for deer and other animals around deer size. My all time favors was the 1 3/8 head with the expanded cups. Made for a 1 1/2 inch cut and I still got pass through and great blood trails. The giant blades on the two inch version seemed weak to me and I never have used them.

Comment

I'm with DocMay on this... I tried the 2 inches and they couldn't go through a leaf without bending

1-3/8 cut is money ... Unless using shoot through mesh then slick tricks all the way

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                                I love the 1 and 3/8 inch razortips. Probably my favorite mechanical for deer and other animals around deer size. My all time favors was the 1 3/8 head with the expanded cups. Made for a 1 1/2 inch cut and I still got pass through and great blood trails. The giant blades on the two inch version seemed weak to me and I never have used them.

Is the 1-3/4” option a happy medium between the 1-3/8 and the 2” OR do the blades seem to become weaker(as stated) as soon as you go over the 1-3/8” size? Thanks

jrg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X