TCFP driver/operator test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCFP driver/operator test

Anyone take the TCFP Driver Operator (engine) test? A college class on fire hydraulics qualified me to get the cert but I have to perform the four random skills/take the written test next week. Any pointers on what I need to study/be up to speed on? Should I expect scenario-based questions with applied math problems or just be able to recognize the correct formula? Thanks ahead of time.
    JP

Usually some scenarios where you have to calculate PDP accounting for multiple lines, a 3" supply and appliance... or maybe a line with some elevation through a standpipe, etc... Good to know the formulas, coefficients and how to apply them.. Questions on water supply systems (mains, secondary, distributors, gravity fed, pumped, combination, hydrants etc).. If you got a week, spend the $10 on the ifsta app and go through those questions, lately I've found them to be the best prep for any TCFP test

Comment

Thanks, bud!

Comment

Just do like I was trained many years ago.

Crank the pressure up till their feet come off the ground 1-2 inches, then back the pressure down 125 gpm. [emoji23][emoji16][emoji33]

This was long afore we adopted TCFP.

SFFMA was a little more lax on their standards. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
          Just do like I was trained many years ago.

Crank the pressure up till their feet come off the ground 1-2 inches, then back the pressure down 125 gpm. [emoji23][emoji16][emoji33]

This was long afore we adopted TCFP.

SFFMA was a little more lax on their standards. [emoji51]
          The ol' Rule Of Thumb! I'm all for it, but the guys on the nozzle are such whiney little babies - "You gave us a concussion and broken bones...boo-hoo-hoo!"

Comment

Working...
          X