ISO outdoor fireplace mantel in the DFW area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO outdoor fireplace mantel in the DFW area

We are building our new home and looking for a weathered rustic solid wood mantel for our outdoor fireplace. I’m new at this so feel free to educate me as I’m not entirely sure what the preferred wood (pine, cedar, ash, elm?) is needed to withstand the outdoor elements? The fireplace itself will be stone and under a covered patio but obviously outside nonetheless. We prefer it to look “reclaimed barnwood type”...maybe similar to the below pics found online.
    Anyone in the TBH world know of a good source in the DFW area that won’t break the bank?

Last edited by RascalArms; 03-21-2021, 10:43 AM.

Those are really cool. Where did you find those

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
      Those are really cool. Where did you find those

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
      Yeah, some of those are really cool. I saw them posted on FB Marketplace but the guy is in Kentucky and.......well......there’s that

Comment

hardensawmill.com

Just west of Sanger.

They are great to work with, we bought a mantle, then a table and now are considering some cabinets.

Comment

There’s a sawmill up in tioga that our company bought some stuff from a few years ago. I was looking around as they loaded me up and saw some awesome looking mantles. Talked to a guy about them and they seemed to know their stuff. Cedar Depot was the name I think.

Comment

Break that bank!!!

Comment

Look like railroad ties

Comment

Check out m and g sawmill in Huntsville. It’s worth the drive.

M&G Sawmill - Purveyor of Fireplace Mantels, Slabs, Bar tops made from Aromatic Cedar Mesquite, Walnut and other woods native to Texas. We also Carry Hardwood Lumber, quarter sawn red or white oak, mesquite, hickory, pecan, Osage orange, walnut.

Comment

Thanks guys...anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Thanks guys...anyone else?
                    There is a place called Old World Lumber Company in South Irving close to Lone Star Park.

I just bought some flooring and a mantle from them. They won't break the bank, but they'll fracture it.

Explore Texas’ finest selection of reclaimed barn wood furniture, flooring, and more. Shop online or email sales@oldworldlumber.com for custom inquiries.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                      There is a place called Old World Lumber Company in South Irving close to Lone Star Park.

I just bought some flooring and a mantle from them. They won't break the bank, but they'll fracture it.

Explore Texas’ finest selection of reclaimed barn wood furniture, flooring, and more. Shop online or email sales@oldworldlumber.com for custom inquiries.

I was going to mention these guys as well, they have a large selection of old barnwood for mantles

Comment

Hill country mercantile about five miles south of I-20 on 281 as you’re headed toward Stephenville usually has some mantles. Can’t speak for pricing but I’m sure they’re not cheap. Have also heard of a place in Weatherford, possibly on N Main near the railroad tracks but haven’t seen it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe it is called Southwest log Home, they are in or near Saginaw, they have tons of old reclaimed lumber, bought quite a bit from them.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I have some starting points for sure now.

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                            I was going to mention these guys as well, they have a large selection of old barnwood for mantles
                            Thanks fellas...this place is close and their website has some cool looking inventory. I’ll give them a shout.

Comment

Working...
                            X