X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      You could cut your battery weight in half with Lithium Lifepo4 battery. Yes they are more expensive but they are smaller, lighter and will handle being run all the way down and charged much better. If you run that sealed lead acid battery all the way down or most of the way down, it will not last near as long if you didn't run it down past 40% charge. Because you shouldn't run a sealed lead acid battery below 40%, you can get the same run times from a 12.8V 12AH Lithium LifePo4 battery as you do a 12V 18AH sealed lead acid battery. I have 12.8V 12AH Lithium LifePo4 batteries and they are about 1/3 the size of a 12V 18AH sealed lead acid battery and weigh less than 3 pounds. Heck you could go with two of them and you still would be about half the weight with a lot longer run times.
      Great info!

Comment

Looks awesome. Excited to see your update of performance.

Comment

For those request of video of how it looks at night in the weater...Only been able to test in the pool...some footage in the embedded video..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAY10aokbxQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAY10aokbxQ[/ame]

Comment

Nice setup!

Comment

I love flounder gigging my gig has the switch in the handle and also want to add a shoulder strap to make things easier when handing the fish. Mine is powered by 8 AA batteries and I’m considering making another that hook up to a 12 volt battery because the AA’s run down after 45 minutes or so.

Comment

Thanks folks!...yeah the shoulder strap might be a nice addition!

Comment

Looks good, nice and bright.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Sweet set up!

My cousin (4th) that passed away last year, used to tell me when he was a kid, he had a flounder pointing dog. Old guy had some good stories!

Comment

Appreciate it. Was able to try it out when we were down in Alabama in July. The water was abysmal due to the recent hurricane going through the Gulf, but I can tell it will be perfect when the conditions are right...need to find someone to go with here in Texas

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlV96uo6Heo"]First Test of My DIY Flounder Gigging Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Awesome build! And great videos!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                          X