No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goal was to lose about 30 lb. which I achieved about a month ago. I haven`t been eating as strict as I was during the first 4 months, but I haven`t gained anything back either. I am 62 years old, 6' tall and 215 lb. I still weigh less than I did when I graduated high school, so I don`t feel to bad. Keep up the good fight.

Comment

I’m down 17. However, the scale has stopped moving but pants feel better. Don’t know why.

Comment

I am holding solid at about 205, down from a high of 237 before Christmas. I do very little cheating and continue my 5+ mile walks or 12+ mile bike rides nearly everyday. Meals have been easier than I thought as there is always something on a menu I can eat and be totally satisfied. The amount of SUGAR and CARBS is our diets is literally killing us.
        I have to stay the course to make this a real lifestyle change. With alot of travel starting now for us it will be tougher but it has been enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I am holding solid at about 205, down from a high of 237 before Christmas. I do very little cheating and continue my 5+ mile walks or 12+ mile bike rides nearly everyday. Meals have been easier than I thought as there is always something on a menu I can eat and be totally satisfied. The amount of SUGAR and CARBS is our diets is literally killing us.
          I have to stay the course to make this a real lifestyle change. With alot of travel starting now for us it will be tougher but it has been enjoyable.
          I dropped from 227 to 195 +/- 3 #s. What really surprised me was how much better non sugared stuff started tasting after a few months on KETO. Also how limited my tolerance for vegetable oils has become. I still eat like I want on the weekends, but fried foods will make me feel pretty rough now.

Comment

Goal hit!!!!! [emoji304] Barely , but kinda proud. This 15 mile bicycle ride today will be glorious today!!!![emoji95][emoji898][emoji95] Thanks to EVERYONE on this thread that kept it positive, insightful and even folks that reached out thru PM's. Lifestyle change has been FUN as it is a real choice.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210608_072245.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	24653576

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Down 18. Very slow progress.

Comment

Goal hit!!!!! [emoji304] Barely , but kinda proud. This 15 mile bicycle ride today will be glorious today!!!![emoji95][emoji898][emoji95] Thanks to EVERYONE on this thread that kept it positive, insightful and even folks that reached out thru PM's. Lifestyle change has been FUN as it is a real choice.[ATTACH]1052100[/ATTACH]

Congrats!!! That’s awesome! The key is lifestyle change. Diets are temporary. I just had my annual labs and they are literally perfect. That’s two years in a row since being on Keto. After a decade of steadily rising labs and waist, keto has been the answer to both for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fell off the wagon about a month ago. Started back 100% this pass Sunday after stepping on the scale Saturday and seeing the 12# gain. I’m still 10# under from when I started but didn’t like seeing the gain.

Comment

Congrats Oscar!

I havent done keto in quite awhile but Ive been hitting the gym like a mad man for about 12 weeks now. Ive been at my goal weight for most of the year but the shape of that weight is different now. Keeping on keeping on and doing whatever works for you.

Comment

Goal hit!!!!! [emoji304] Barely , but kinda proud. This 15 mile bicycle ride today will be glorious today!!!![emoji95][emoji898][emoji95] Thanks to EVERYONE on this thread that kept it positive, insightful and even folks that reached out thru PM's. Lifestyle change has been FUN as it is a real choice.[ATTACH]1052100[/ATTACH]

Atta boy Oscar...I haven’t seen sub 200 since my high school days. Congrats sir!

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                        Congrats!!! That’s awesome! The key is lifestyle change. Diets are temporary. I just had my annual labs and they are literally perfect. That’s two years in a row since being on Keto. After a decade of steadily rising labs and waist, keto has been the answer to both for me.

I could not have said that any clearer!!!! You guys on here taught me a ton on how this stuff works and I still aint got it down. But the points I took in are absolutely spot on!!!
                        Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        Atta boy Oscar...I haven’t seen sub 200 since my high school days. Congrats sir!
                        There ya geaux! Heck, 28 years ago (next month) when I got married I was 183. I am tempted to geaux for that number but right now I actually look sorta scrawny. I will keep at it as it has been personally rewarding on multiple levels.......and just kinda see where i level out weight wise.

Comment

That's awesome, Oscar! You'll level out at a good weight. You won't keep losing weight forever. Just dropping extra fat until you're done with that.

Comment

Congrats Oscar! I remember it felt really good breaking that 200# barrier!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Aldi Keto ice cream. $3.99. peanut butter fudge is my favorite

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't know this thread existed. My wife and I have been living keto for about 3 years. Being diabetic, it was a necessity. I dropped 32 lbs. I haven't been on diabetes meds in over two years. We quick using our tracking app last year and I put on a few lbs but started using it again several weeks ago and lost 7 lbs in a couple of weeks. We use carb manager to track and establish our macros.

We have developed some pretty good recipes including egg based shell enchiladas that are great. We use tortillas that are 3 or 4 carbs and many times just use lettuce as a wrap where a tortilla may have been used.

Comment

Working...
                                X