Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullying

If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?

I don't even know what that means so probably not.

Comment

School would have (did) called my parents. My parents never called the school but it’s a different day I’m afraid.

Comment

Not me...I was called worse things in the sixth grade.

Comment

No.
          If I did my Dad would of kicked my azz...

Comment

Probably would have called them something worse and gone on about my day.

Comment

I was in the 6th Grade in 1973.

“Salami Head” would have been handled by 2 kids.

Maybe a Coach would watch and break it up, but that’s as far as it would go.

Comment

The mom joke comeback on that one is too easy.

Comment

Absolutely not lol

Comment

its a different world for kids in school...

there are too many double standards to keep up with.

I have found telling administration to start parenting classes usually helps make my case when those calls come.

public education is a absolute MESS.

Comment

Was the kid raised by two mommies?? Seems like too many hugs and not enough skinned up knees from playing outside

Comment

No, but I did bully a kid in our 5th Grade year. His name was Derek and he was “special,” actually he was just very smart. He left our school the following year and I had a guilt I couldn’t get rid of. He came back our junior year and I was able to apologize and we actually wound up being friends. I can still picture the time I threw rocks at him as he went down a slide on the playground in 1997... time heals all things but I will never forget that.

Bullying can be in many different forms nowadays, especially in today’s social networking world. I don’t want my boys to be “soft” but they need to understand what’s right and wrong. Hard or soft!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                          If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?
                          Story?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post

My wife as a 5th grade teacher laughed when I asked her. But, she said if it’s something that continues and has happened multiple times, then yes it would be considered bullying.

Comment

Just call them a cottonheaded ninnymuggins and move on with it

Comment

Working...
                              X