How to approach this situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Some goober from California will pay 2x more than you offered. The longer you wait the more it is worth and the chances of you getting it will get less.

The boy aint interested in your offers, you need to perk up his ears.

Times have changed, they too many folks with money looking to move to Texas.
    This right here ^^^

While your offer may be “fair”, it ain’t raised no eyebrows apparently. How bad do you want the land? You keep waiting and you will watch the ship sail away IMO. One thing I know about land.....they ain’t making anymore of it. And there are more and more players in the market nowadays than ever before.
    Again, how bad do you want it?

Comment

Draw up the contract offer and take it to her for her signatures. You can always mark though the sales price and initial next to it if the price changes once you take it to her. If she signs great, if not then you know the potential deal is a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        Draw up the contract offer and take it to her for her signatures. You can always mark though the sales price and initial next to it if the price changes once you take it to her. If she signs great, if not then you know the potential deal is a bust.
        That’s how I do it too. I also offer them some money up front that comes off the sales price when it closes. Offer the son $1000 to help you get it done.

Land is too hot right now to sit and wait. It would surprise me if there aren’t letter offers coming in the mail.

Comment

How far below market (don’t answer here) was your offer? They may be shopping for a market value offer. The only way I’d sell below market is if I was financially strapped at the time. I hope you can get it for that. But if the son is involved, and taking his time, I would imagine he’s doing his due diligence on land prices.

Comment

Offer him an incentice based "middleman" fee based on how soon the closing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              How far below market (don’t answer here) was your offer? They may be shopping for a market value offer. The only way I’d sell below market is if I was financially strapped at the time. I hope you can get it for that. But if the son is involved, and taking his time, I would imagine he’s doing his due diligence on land prices.
              Wasn’t any low balling going on ...I did offer slightly below market value due to no realtor fees and offered to pay all closing costs...
              No mineral rights involved either ....

Property around there has sat on the market 12 to 24 months or longer....

He isn’t shopping around...trust me... he is a tech guy and has no interest in the place ....

I have maybe $30k in wiggle room ....
              Like I said if they hired a realtor and sat on it....I couldn’t afford the place
              Nothing on it at all.... fenced with a gate... but the fence is spotty

Comment

“How do you motivate someone to get moving on this.”

I could offer them $10k above market value, and see if it motives her.

Comment

Sounds like their no response is par for the course. I’d just wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Comment

Call the mother.

Comment

Send me their name and number, and I will call them for you !
                      Will need property info and your offer price too please.

Comment

Quit lowballin

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          Sounds like their no response is par for the course. I’d just wait a bit longer and see what happens.
                          This is my impression too.

Be patient but keep prodding, just not too hard or he might start researching what he could get for it and hire a realtor. Maybe do as others have suggested, have a contract drawn, go through the son and show up at mom's and see if she'll sign.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                            Quit lowballin
                            You struggle with reading comprehension?

Comment

I’m guessing she does not live on the land?

Contract in hand. Have everything done so all she has to do is sign
                              Cash (check) for the son to motivate him for her to sign
                              Cash (check) at time she signs for deposit and earnest money for her to keep

If those don’t work she’s not interested.

Comment

My Mother in Law wanted a house in Denison, finally ended up getting it, was listed with realtor but was a nightmare getting in to see it. Owner had it for sale but evidently wasn't too worried about it. A girl I know was looking in same area and she gave up on getting in to see it to even make an offer, she was shocked we got it.

Luckily my wife stayed after it and finally got it done. His realtor was pretty exasperated by the whole thing.

Probably no urgency on their part same as his......

Comment

Working...
                                X