Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Bill, congrats on a nice buck.
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
      Congrats Bowfishing. Nice buck!
      Thank you

Comment

Congratulations Gary and Bisch and N Da Woods! I got my Davis Mountains draw hunt javelina on the first day of our hunt! My buddy spotted them and busted up the group when he shot one with his compound so I stalked the ones that went the other way. My first shot sucked because she was one the move at 20 yards but she laid down under a tree and I was able to get a good heart shot on her. Now I’m going to focus on the aoudad we spotted! After 8 years of applying for TPWD draw hunts I got something on the first day!!! Still 2 1/2 days left to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Featherflinger; 10-07-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Congrats On the ranch rat Jeff, and good luck on the aoudad!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's not surprising Jeff. You are a bonafide killer and we all know you can get it done. Congratulations and good hunting for the auodad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats everyone!!
              You primal tech guys are bad azz!! Just saying...

Comment

Congrats Jeff.

Comment

I let the Black widow do its job last night. Here are pics and a video. Thank you Bisch for loading the photos.. Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited by bowfishing; 10-08-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

SERIOUSLY considering going to this and practicing for a couple of years before partaking.

Started out doing it this way, with a compound though, couldn't afford sites back then. Was actually pretty good with it out to about 25, maybe 30. I could keep it in or around a 13" paper plate. I just thought from the literature back then you had to be golf ball at 15, baseball at 20, orange at 25, and grapefruit at 30. I wasn't that accurate, but could hit "vitals" size every time.

It's either this, or doing something with my eyes. I have heard some procedures you can only have once so I have never looked into it, figured I could look into that when I'm a little older.

I do not like to shoot with glasses but have resorted to that for now. Can't see my pins clearly enough without them.

But I can see passed the computer with NO PROBLEM.

I definitely have a lot of respect for all of you.

Comment

AA if you can only manage hunting accuracy at X range you just commit to only taking shots in that range. I'm a 20 yards and under hunter. That's all the distance I KNOW I am accurate and also all I feel my set up has enough momentum to get effective penetration.
                      But it takes time and a lot of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        AA if you can only manage hunting accuracy at X range you just commit to only taking shots in that range. I'm a 20 yards and under hunter. That's all the distance I KNOW I am accurate and also all I feel my set up has enough momentum to get effective penetration.
                        But it takes time and a lot of practice.

Thanks. I have no problem with any of that. Even with the compound I limit myself to 30 if I can put them in a 4" circle, 25 and less have to be 3" or less. I am pretty strict about that. I believe in ethical shots or NO SHOT. They can get hurt with bad shots or non-confident shots, but walk away unharmed with no shots taken. Try again another day.

Thanks for the advice for sure.

Comment

Congrats to everybody!! Way to start it off.

All, I managed to is clip back hair on old skiddish etx doe as she ducked the arrow on me at 15yds!,

Comment

Congratulations to everyone, I just got caught up with this thread. Lots of animals hitting the dirt already!! I finally got my daughter to help me upload my bear video, here is the link.
                            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PCfGptttys"]bear video - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Cool video Mr Todd!!!!

Comment

Cool video MrTodd. Nice doe MrBisch. Good looking Javi MrFlinger. Awesome buck MrBowfishing!

Deer were inbound and cows pushed them off. Squirrels woke up and got to barking at me. Its fun barking back for a short while. I was kicking myself that I left my judos adapters at the house when target praticing yesterday...so the 300 grain VPA made quick reaper work. It was super nice he dropped 3 yards from where I was sitting, however Im still hunting my arrow...I dont know that it even slowed down when it blew through him. Tree rat number 2 likes to stay higher whilst barking and is gonna catch a 22 tomorrow morning.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X