No announcement yet.

2020 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Corey. Sounds like a fun night.

Comment

Fun stuff there Corey. I started using wing nuts behind my field points for shooting frogs and that seems to work great. Keeps them from pulling off the arrow like a bowfishing arrow.

Comment

Looks like you hit lunch there Corey!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Jeff and Corey.

Comment

Got down to our place near Hawley. Got in the blind about 8:15 and the evening feeder threw at 8:45. I had dumped some corn by the morning feeder. It has the sportsman kill light on it. At 8:50 2 young boar came in and ran the deer off. Went to hand corn so I put on my glove and opened the window. Sill had the wind in my favor so I waited until I got the 13 yard quartering away shot I wanted on the bigger one. Aimed for the off side shoulder and the Piledriver cut right through it. The glory mock was glowing as he took off but I could tell it would be a short run. Had a storm blowing in so I didn't wait long. He made it about 25 yards. Broke my arrow when he went down.
            Rain hit as I loaded him. 3 very close lightning strikes on the way in.
            One I heard the tree blow up behind me right here at the house.
            I needed this one.

Gary

Comment

Congrats Gary!

Comment

Nice shooting Gary!

Comment

Sweet...WTG Gary!

Comment

Congrats again Gary!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good going, nice shooting and nice hunting story. That storm blew in North TX last night with some big winds churning (60+ mph at DFW), and it sounds like you just got in ahead of it. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        3 very close lightning strikes on the way in.
                        One I heard the tree blow up behind me right here at the house.
                        Would probably be changing my shorts

Congrats on the pig

Comment

Shot at 16 yards and he ran 75 yards. I was able to get 8 minutes of GoPro footage, but didn't get the recovery. I was too stoked to think about video during the tracking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	todds bear2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	24621310

Comment

Big congrats Todd.

Comment

Congratulations Todd. Them Chinese bears are a lot of fun.
                              Next time just turn the camera over when you are there and you pics will turn upright back here.[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                                Congratulations Todd. Them Chinese bears are a lot of fun.
                                Next time just turn the camera over when you are there and you pics will turn upright back here.[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Gary
                                I knew I shot a Panda!

Comment

Working...
                                X