Sprint "magic box" anyone use it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprint "magic box" anyone use it???

Where I live, I have terrible sprint service. Only stayed with them cause it is a lot cheaper. I had an air rave and it helped alot. it got fried. They said they would send me a "magic box"

Anyone use one of these fandangled things? suppose to amplify the cell tower signal as apposed to using wi-fi.

Problem is ... i ain't got chit for signal. Verizon just put in a new tower by my house and my neighbor gets great cell service...may have to switch.

anyone?

Comment

Never used that exact box. But my sis and my parents have something similar. But it’s not worth it IMO... with power outage and and disturbance is a pita.. Just switch carriers

Comment

I have one. I f’n hate sprint. The box works ok around the house. Wanted one that works in truck. Nope.

It works, but it is a shame one is needed.

You seen Office Space and the fax machine? That is how I want to roll after even having sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          I have one. I f’n hate sprint. The box works ok around the house. Wanted one that works in truck. Nope.

It works, but it is a shame one is needed.

You seen Office Space and the fax machine? That is how I want to roll after even having sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I got out from underneath their thumb this week, I had Sprint 17 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I got out from underneath their thumb this week, I had Sprint 17 years.
            No wonder you never returned my calls and texts. You never got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              No wonder you never returned my calls and texts. You never got them.
              Yes sir, they plum wore me out.

Comment

I use one. Helped a lot

Comment

Cell boosters should be your last option. They work when there is nothing else. I put one up at the lake house because there was very poor coverage and it helped a bit. Once I went to WiFi calling, no more issues and I dumped the booster. Tis was on Verizon but, carrier really makes no difference. Verizon and Sprint pretty much use the same frequency bands. They all use the same technology for 4G.

Note: I have been designing cellular IOT products for the last 24 years: from CDPD PCMCIA cards to 3G modems for smart phones to 4G remote patient monitoring systems.

Comment

We switched to all sprint phones and Ipads at work a few years ago. I had mine for about 2 months before i took them in my bosses office and told him to stick them up his ***. I was a salesman in the metroplex at the time and was dropping calls right and left. After I did it a lot of the other guys did as well. Needless to say we did not have them very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                      Cell boosters should be your last option. They work when there is nothing else. I put one up at the lake house because there was very poor coverage and it helped a bit. Once I went to WiFi calling, no more issues and I dumped the booster. Tis was on Verizon but, carrier really makes no difference. Verizon and Sprint pretty much use the same frequency bands. They all use the same technology for 4G.

Note: I have been designing cellular IOT products for the last 24 years: from CDPD PCMCIA cards to 3G modems for smart phones to 4G remote patient monitoring systems.
                      Verizon just put up a new tower by me. Neighbor loves it. Don't do squat for me. Wife is having wi-fi calling issues on her phone. may have something to do with replacing router.

cell reception is very poor here at the house. if the cell booster don't help, I'll be switching to a different carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        Verizon just put up a new tower by me. Neighbor loves it. Don't do squat for me. Wife is having wi-fi calling issues on her phone. may have something to do with replacing router.

cell reception is very poor here at the house. if the cell booster don't help, I'll be switching to a different carrier.
                        Verizon and Sprint don't have roaming agreements and don't share frequency bands. AT&T and Verizon both have Bands in the 700 MHz region which gives you better range and building penetration.

Comment

Well, sprint said the magic box is on it's way. we'll see next week how it works. headed to lease this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X