Pop Up Make Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Up Make Over

Picked up a 95 Fleetwood from @stoof today for the right price. Gonna power wash tomorrow and roll the roof with sealant. Then to the inside. Going to replace ceiling and put down some vinyl plank. Then I will let
    The wife put her touch on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a fun project

Comment

Good deal!! I Look forward to the finished rebuild!

Comment

Check the cabling lift system as they get rusty and break.. and popup won't popup.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Anybody have any other things to look for/tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Thanks for the tip. Anybody have any other things to look for/tips?
            I always lean towards things like re-packing wheel bearings, wiring for lights, tires, suspension etc. The little demons that create havoc on the road.

Does not hurt to replace the propane regulators and hoses. As they age they will deteriorate and not work when you need them to.

Comment

We have a pop up. Here is most of the big things I looked at on ours. We camp a lot during "winter, so lows will get to 30 or so.

Cabling - Lube. It's going to take 5-6 oz of grease. Lithium is best. Here is the list of stuff we looked at on our cabling system. While I don't have the "Goshen" system, they are all somewhat similar.https://www.popupportal.com/threads/...ication.33219/

And check the cables as tx_basser said. Some of these pop up have stainless wires which are great. Others had galvanized, which are junk. Just take a look at if there is any rust, then you know it's galvanized.

Rubberize behind the wheels to keep rocks from damaging the plywood.
              Get these for Texas Sun - https://www.popupgizmos.com/index.php

We are about to pick some up for our since our camping trip last weekend. AC Couldn't keep up with the Texas heat.
              Also, get some of these for propane tanks - https://tweetys.com/tank-check-024-1...echnology.aspx

Open up the camper up, spray all the surfaces with the hose, and see if you have any leaks.
              If you have a roof vent, install a max-xair over it to keep it vented while stored. It will help keep any mold from forming if water gets trapped inside.
              I would look at getting a second spare tire. That said, we still haven't bought one for ours. But I will before August.
              If you have the analog thermostat in your trailer, I highly suggest wiring in a digital. The analog thermostats are junk, our camper was either 90 degrees or 50 degrees. The thermistor gets jacked up in them. We replaced with digital.
              Go with dual propane tanks. Also, get power lift installed if you can. It makes life a lot easier when you get to the campsite.
              For the stabilizer jacks. Get a nice 1/2" driver of some sort and the socket that fits the stabilizer jack. It's much easier than hand cracking those jacks.
              On the inside, we made several hanging cabinets. They get installed when we pop the roof up.

That's all I have for now. Love the pop up myself, we have a couple other things like the rack for a 4 wheeler on the front, and bike rack/kayak rack for the camper roof. It's a little rough with our 10 month old, but in just a year or two it won't be so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                We have a pop up. Here is most of the big things I looked at on ours. We camp a lot during "winter, so lows will get to 30 or so.

Cabling - Lube. It's going to take 5-6 oz of grease. Lithium is best. Here is the list of stuff we looked at on our cabling system. While I don't have the "Goshen" system, they are all somewhat similar.https://www.popupportal.com/threads/...ication.33219/

And check the cables as tx_basser said. Some of these pop up have stainless wires which are great. Others had galvanized, which are junk. Just take a look at if there is any rust, then you know it's galvanized.

Rubberize behind the wheels to keep rocks from damaging the plywood.
                Get these for Texas Sun - https://www.popupgizmos.com/index.php

We are about to pick some up for our since our camping trip last weekend. AC Couldn't keep up with the Texas heat.
                Also, get some of these for propane tanks - https://tweetys.com/tank-check-024-1...echnology.aspx

Open up the camper up, spray all the surfaces with the hose, and see if you have any leaks.
                If you have a roof vent, install a max-xair over it to keep it vented while stored. It will help keep any mold from forming if water gets trapped inside.
                I would look at getting a second spare tire. That said, we still haven't bought one for ours. But I will before August.
                If you have the analog thermostat in your trailer, I highly suggest wiring in a digital. The analog thermostats are junk, our camper was either 90 degrees or 50 degrees. The thermistor gets jacked up in them. We replaced with digital.
                Go with dual propane tanks. Also, get power lift installed if you can. It makes life a lot easier when you get to the campsite.
                For the stabilizer jacks. Get a nice 1/2" driver of some sort and the socket that fits the stabilizer jack. It's much easier than hand cracking those jacks.
                On the inside, we made several hanging cabinets. They get installed when we pop the roof up.

That's all I have for now. Love the pop up myself, we have a couple other things like the rack for a 4 wheeler on the front, and bike rack/kayak rack for the camper roof. It's a little rough with our 10 month old, but in just a year or two it won't be so bad.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    I always lean towards things like re-packing wheel bearings, wiring for lights, tires, suspension etc. The little demons that create havoc on the road.

Does not hurt to replace the propane regulators and hoses. As they age they will deteriorate and not work when you need them to.
                    All of this and I would recommend spraying the pullies with WD40 every time before you use them.

Comment

Ttt

Keep us posted how this turns out

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Keep us posted how this turns out

Will do. Starting Saturday

Comment

Will do. Starting Saturday

Good deal. Been thinking about getting one myself. I'll be watching

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

keep the pics coming

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the old gal get a new lease on life!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X