Finally..... Shot an Auodad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally..... Shot an Auodad!

Hunter London Oaks Ranch this past week with one of my Grandsons (who is still out of school due to this mess we are in).
    The first evening I was fortunate to get an opportunity to kill a very old loner ram. He was by himself and as I spotted him and he limped in, it took a nanosecond for me to decide to take a shot. He walk to the corn and knelt down on his front legs, a first for me to see. His front leg was forward so I drew and let one fly. He jumped up and trotted about ten yards and stopped, quartering away. I slung the second arrow and again jumped and than slowly walked off into the brush line another 20 yards, staggered and fell.
    Bisch was with my grandson looking for a ewe or young ram so I waited till dark till they picked me up. While waiting I had a big group of aoudad come in and had some big rams and some of every size. It was great to watch them and how some walked over to the brush line and look at the big guy. They didn't know what to think.
    This ram weighed 242+ pound, but I think he had about 20 pounds of ticks on him!! When we caped him out we found a broadhead berried in his left front leg bone. We had to crush the bone to get it out. He had been shot this past fall and the skin had healed over and the muscle tissue around it was a bit stinky. No wonder he was limping!
    My grandson took a shot at a axis doe the last morning but was not found. We think he went low and sliced the brisket, and hope she will be fine. It was a great experience for him and I know he will learn from it. It was a little further than we thought.
    We also saw Fallow, Axis, Blackbuck, Gemsbok, Whitetail, black Hawaiian Ram, turkey while on stand, and a couple of zebra while driving the ranch road.
    I want to thank Tim for the opportunity and Bisch for guiding and hunting with my grandson. he is a great cook to boot!!!
    i
    Attached Files

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome old ram, congrats!

Comment

Nice one too, congrats.

Comment

Hoss! Congrats