Need someone to cut/bale coastal hay Parker County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need someone to cut/bale coastal hay Parker County

I am trying to find someone in/near Parker county that’s willing to cut and bale about 5-6 acres of mixed coastal/native grass at my place. We are growing it for ag purposes but they tax office wants to see at least 1 cut and bale before they will grant the exemption.

You will need to have a smaller tractor because I do have trees on my place. I’m not interested in keeping the hay as I have no use for it.

If you are interested please PM me. I’m looking to cut right away. We fertilized in early May and it’s getting so y’all that if I don’t bale it I will just have to shred it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Might try contacting the local feed stores (the Mom & Pop) type.
    Usually they will know someone that custom bales

Comment

Was this hay planted on property you own or...?

Comment

Let me check with my BIL. I know he is out cutting right now in Johnson County.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Any local cattle guys that might need it? You could just let them cut it and have it. We do a few small places like that within a mile or 2 of our place. Only way to make it worth while to anyone. Jut not worth it to a hay baler to load up and go bale 5-6 acres. Just being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            haha. I was about to find that old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post

I had it sprigged on my property 5 years ago. Just been keeping it fertilized and mowed and for some reason this year it exploded. I don’t know a lot about bailing hay but I think it would turn a decent yield.

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
              Any local cattle guys that might need it? You could just let them cut it and have it. We do a few small places like that within a mile or 2 of our place. Only way to make it worth while to anyone. Jut not worth it to a hay baler to load up and go bale 5-6 acres. Just being honest.

I understand that that’s why I was saying local. My challenge is there’s 2 cattle ranches that back up to my place with hundreds of acres they could cut.

Originally posted by Collier View Post
              Might try contacting the local feed stores (the Mom & Pop) type.

Usually they will know someone that custom bales

Already tried at the stoplight convenience store where all the older men hang out every morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How far are you from Brock, mileage wise?

Comment

Working...
                X