Where to buy pickle cucumbers around Fort Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy pickle cucumbers around Fort Worth

I’m wanting to try my hand at making some kosher dill pickles. I love to eat the Grillos pickles but they are getting hard to find.

Does anyone know where I can find the right cucumbers in Ft Worth to make pickles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HEB usually has pickling cucumbers right next to the big regular ones. At least the ones in SA do. That being said, not sure if HEB is up in DFW area. I'd just check with any big grocery store, they should have them in the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      HEB usually has pickling cucumbers right next to the big regular ones. At least the ones in SA do. That being said, not sure if HEB is up in DFW area. I'd just check with any big grocery store, they should have them in the same place.

Hmmmm I’ll have to look and see if ours has them. Thanks.

Comment

Cant help you on the cuc's but I did just find those Grillo's at costco last week. They are for real kinda remind me of Cucumbers and onions in vinegar and oil mom use to make.

Comment

I have about 10#s ready to go in a jar if you have a way to get em your welcome to them.

Comment

Mike!!! Ya live in the country bro!! Grown um!!

then again you might find them at the little farmers market in weatherford.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
              Cant help you on the cuc's but I did just find those Grillo's at costco last week. They are for real kinda remind me of Cucumbers and onions in vinegar and oil mom use to make.

That’s where we usually find them, they are just hit or miss as to whether they have them. We go through one of the containers about every 2 weeks.

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              Mike!!! Ya live in the country bro!! Grown um!!

then again you might find them at the little farmers market in weatherford.
              Yeah I know. I’ll eventually get around to it. Too many other projects right now to tend a garden.

Didn’t think about the farmer’s market. Will try that on Saturday.

Originally posted by KBM View Post
              I have about 10#s ready to go in a jar if you have a way to get em your welcome to them.

Where are you located? And are you talking about already pickled or just the cucumbers?

Comment

HEB sells packs of pateite (sp) cucumbers (pickle size) perfect for pickling. I usem in salads a lot.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Where are you located? And are you talking about already pickled or just the cucumbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

I’m in Teague but plan on going to Richland this evenin, and just the cucumbers, I have about 10 gallons worth of pickles also if you want a quart or 3

Comment

any farmers market. I use Sayers on Belknap in Haltom City

Comment

Theres a asian market in n Carrollton called super h or h mart. It has an incredible produce section. They should have em

Comment

Central Market, Whole foods mini cucumbers. That is what my wife uses until she has enough from the garden.

Comment

Demases farm

Try Demases farm just south of Boyd. Lots of fresh produce.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Target has grillos per google

Comment

We just bought over a bushel of cukes yesterday, got some in NRH at a farmers market and some at grapevine farmers market, they were kind of disappointing, too large for my liking, we did some chips and some spears as well as some whole. We normally grow our own, had 24 plants this year and i guess they came down with covid, worse garden we have ever had. Also bought a bushel of tomatoes, making and canning salsa tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X