No announcement yet.

Paracord String Silencers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a total of 201 arrows through to get these fluffed up nicely.

Comment

I love cat whiskers trimmed to about the size of a quarter.. Been using them over 20 years without any problems. Drives me crazy when I see guys tie on whiskers and leave them long .. They look like a spinner bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        Put a total of 201 arrows through to get these fluffed up nicely.
        Yes they do.

Comment

This is after 201 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
            Yes they do.

No offense but I would rather have a uniform ball of good wool yarn on mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              No offense but I would rather have a uniform ball of good wool yarn on mine.

None taken. I have used otter fur and wool yarn also.

Comment

I have been partial to Qiviut for years as it is light and sheds water very well. Gonna give PC a try and if it performs as advertised the cost savings would be substantial.

Comment

The speed difference between wool puffs and paracord is noticeable, which is another plus when shooting heavy arrows.

Comment

I sincerely doubt it's more than 2 or 3 feet per second. The difference between puffs and no puffs is generally under 5fps.

Comment

It is visible and I know my eyes ain’t that good. And if it is pushing my 860 grain arrows as fast as my MOAB pushed my 750 grain arrows that is something.

Comment

I use the neck hairs off of my last cow bison. That stuff will not gather water and works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          I use the neck hairs off of my last cow bison. That stuff will not gather water and works very well.
                          Now that is a traditional solution!

Comment

I have used coyote fur in the past and it is very light weight.

Comment

Have adjusted PC silencers from 12” to 14” from nocks, slight buzz is gone. Just a thump remains. D/R longbows at 63-66# like silencers 1/4 of string length from nocks. Arrow flight is amazing, groups have improved to four arrows feathers touching. Speed is impressive. As quiet as anything I have tried to date; alpaca, coyote, wool, whiskers and Qiviut.

Comment

Tweaked the PC to 1/4 from top and 1/3 from bottom. Testing in the dark really allows focus. It appears to work, but without a decimeter we may never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X