2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Got my texas one chip and its awesome with the satellite overlay..

How did yall do the other weekend? We are headed back Thursday
    Yea those Texas cards are awesome they help so much for learning to run new areas. We did pretty good for the weather had some terrible winds. Had some solid trout up to 22”. Found a few nice reds including one 32”er. The water around the jfk was blow out but still could catch fish in it. Caught most the trout in Baffin where I could find clean water. Just had to be there at daylight and gone by noon cause of the wind. North of the causeway was fair. One big flounder and some trout with scattered reds came from there

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
      This chip does not have satellite overlay. It’s a pretty good chip for the money. I have this same chip that bought before I went with my satellite chip. It covers the water pretty goo for the most part.
      Does the Texas chip include Texas lakes and the coastal waters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
        Yea those Texas cards are awesome they help so much for learning to run new areas. We did pretty good for the weather had some terrible winds. Had some solid trout up to 22”. Found a few nice reds including one 32”er. The water around the jfk was blow out but still could catch fish in it. Caught most the trout in Baffin where I could find clean water. Just had to be there at daylight and gone by noon cause of the wind. North of the causeway was fair. One big flounder and some trout with scattered reds came from there
        The wind that weekend was brutal around here can only imagine what it was down there. Thanks for the report and hopefully the weather will stay decent.

Comment

After some more Google time, it looks like you can get Satellite Overlay with the Platinum+ (Coastal) or the HotMaps Platinum (Lakes). The only card that covers both Coastal and Lake waters is the Navionics+ card and this one doesn't come with Satellite Overlay. If this is wrong or I'm misinterpreting something, please let me know.

Comment

The Texas ONE E-Card is a GPS map that replaces the generic base map on your GPS.This mapping product spans the coastline of Texas.The Classic Package offers high resolution aerial imagery, local names of waterways and land features, built in waypoints, routes & trails compatibility, and built in navigational aids compatibility.The Premium Package offers offshore block & rigs, wildlife management areas and proven routes; including high resolution aerial imagery, local names of waterways and land features, built in waypoints, routes & trails compatibility, and built in navigational aids compatibility.The Professional Package, designed with the professional in mind, is an added value content package including oyster leases, state seed grounds, federal and state waters, offshore block & rigs, wildlife management area's and proven routes through the marsh. This package also offers high resolution aerial imagery, local names of waterways and land features, built in waypoints, routes & trails compatibility, and built in navigational aids compatibility.

This card covers a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was in Port A this last weekend for a family weekend. Did a snapper mission Saturday and loaded the box quick. There were a lot of boats drifting the reef we fished and all of them were hooking up. Lost a couple to the tax man and had a heavy mystery fish either break me off on the reef or get eaten and got tail whipped by the shark. Spent the rest of the day trolling a weedline and drifting around rigs looking for kings but never found any. Talked to a few guys at the dock and they all had kings or sharks but couldn't find any snapper. Go figure

Fished the surf for a bit Sunday and managed one nice red. The current was ripping pretty good, but the guts were super deep next to the beach and the surf was full of mullet. There was nobody set up within 50 yards of us in either direction but after having an inflatable unicorn, flamingo, and a few groups of clowns swim through our lines, we put them away for the day.
              Attached Files

Comment

Any fishing reports for rockport. Going to a buddies tonight and staying till Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                  After some more Google time, it looks like you can get Satellite Overlay with the Platinum+ (Coastal) or the HotMaps Platinum (Lakes). The only card that covers both Coastal and Lake waters is the Navionics+ card and this one doesn't come with Satellite Overlay. If this is wrong or I'm misinterpreting something, please let me know.
                  I think you are right on that one. The standard card covers the coast but not the lakes.

Comment

Took the yak to Matty this AM. Windy, & low low tide. Looked like a winter time tide. Picked up a pint of skrimps & paddled away. Ended up with 2 trout & 1 red. Had several 18 -19 in reds. Fun fighting them. Wind picked up & got to be tough to paddle against it to redrift. Fish quit biting for the most part by 11 so called it a day at noon. Better than being in houston for sure. Sure wish we could get something to break this stagnant pattern we are in.

Comment

We fished out of Rockport this week Monday- Today. First time renting a house in Key Allegro and with that pumping southeast wind it was a bit of an azzwhip leaving and coming back each day. We found the trout pretty quick and caught our limits each day. On the first day after we wrapped up our trout limit we went looking for some redfish and i got a nice surprise. Way back where i didnt expect I caught a 28" 7.25 lb trout on a Down South Burner Shad. Really healthy pretty fish, was kind of dark grey and had only a few spots right at her tail. We were a pretty good ways from the boat and i didnt want to stress her for a pic so i let her go after a few seconds and fist bumped my brother and dad.
                      Last edited by chase15; 07-09-2020, 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Congrats on the good trout chase!

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                          We fished out of Rockport this week Monday- Today. First time renting a house in Key Allegro and with that pumping southeast wind it was a bit of an azzwhip leaving and coming back each day. We found the trout pretty quick and caught our limits each day. On the first day after we wrapped up our trout limit we went looking for some redfish and i got a nice surprise. Way back where i didnt expect I caught a 28" 7.25 lb trout on a Down South Burner Shad. Really healthy pretty fish, was kind of dark grey and had only a few spots right at her tail. We were a pretty good ways from the boat and i didnt want to stress her for a pic so i let her go after a few seconds and fist bumped my brother and dad.

Congrats on the fish and the release. You did it right

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Took the yak to Matty this AM. Windy, & low low tide. Looked like a winter time tide. Picked up a pint of skrimps & paddled away. Ended up with 2 trout & 1 red. Had several 18 -19 in reds. Fun fighting them. Wind picked up & got to be tough to paddle against it to redrift. Fish quit biting for the most part by 11 so called it a day at noon. Better than being in houston for sure. Sure wish we could get something to break this stagnant pattern we are in.

Sounds like fun. Congrat’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                              Very nice bud, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

You and me both on the weather pattern we are in. Next week looking like it might happen but dang been a crappy year so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X