Anybody been to Heber Springs AR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody been to Heber Springs AR?

We booked a house there on the Little Red River and head up in a couple weeks. Supposedly good trout fishing on the dock but has anyone spent any time in the area? Must do’s/don’ts? Thanks!

One of my nurses is from there and has a house there. She has shown me pictures and it looks like a beautiful place. Should be a good time. I personally have not been there though.

Comment

Neat place. It's been 20yrs since I was there but I enjoyed it.

Comment

Excellent----------------
        Take ya some Salmon eggs,(red and yellow) and Velveeta cheeze for bait......

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Excellent----------------
          Take ya some Salmon eggs,(red and yellow) and Velveeta cheeze for bait......
          Thanks for the tip. My son bought a fly rod and said he’s determined to learn to fly fish while there. But the rest of us will be camped out on the dock dunking salmon eggs.

Comment

Been there several times.. great fishing, not great places to eat. We usually rent a house on the river. Just fish and grill out and drink. Great fishing though. We usually fish with Jamie Rouse or one of his guides. Will keep you on the fish...

huge swing in river levels with the dam letting out water. Be careful and watch for the river to rise pretty fast.

Comment

I live about 45 miles from Heber. Beautiful place. Good trout fishing, but trout are hard to catch on a fly, while the guy next to you is reeling them in using whole kernal corn, salmon eggs, etc. There is a lot to learn about fly fishing.
              IF YOU ARE WADING CHECK THE RELEASE TIMES FOR THE DAM. THE WATER RISES REAL FAST AND CAN CARRY A PERSON AWAY. Also, the water below the dam isn't much above freezing, even this time of year.

Comment

All I had was some rooster tails and caught 2 trout in about 20 casts. That's the limit of my experience there. I never expected painfully cold water like that in the summer. We had an absolute blast jumping off the "cliffs" at the lake that's right there.

Comment

Beautiful area.
                  Go to Dam Site park, park in camping loop D, and walk down to the cliffs.
                  Best place on the lake to jump from.
                  Some 100ft plus jumps, depending on where you go.
                  Go climb Sugar Loaf MT.
                  State fishery/hatchery is there, museum at the top of the **** is neat, and some other things I can't think of lol.
                  Spent a lot of time there as a kid, but been 20 yrs since I was there.

Comment

Good stuff y'all. We leave tomorrow morning so I'll post some pics.

Comment

I plan on setting up shop right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cooler full of your drink of choice, a good chair, and a pole will be all you need.

Looks like mid 80s and muggy this weekend but it will feel great on the river. If you’ve never been before, prepare to enjoy it!

Comment

Looks great! Love that river. I'll be in Cotter Arkansas next week doing some fly fishing. Wanted to try a different river this year.

Comment

This place is beautiful but the river is MOVING. They’ve got the dam wide open. Bait is skipping! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chum with can corn then put 3 or 4 kernels on a hook.

Comment

Working...
                              X