No announcement yet.

Texas Pride Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t count out Lamar, I have a 14’ Dump trailer 14k that is built solid and we had a 32’ gooseneck of theirs that was nice too. We had a Kearney 32’ that was a piece O crap, got rear ended and the c channel neck folded bad

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Take a look at their axles and ask them what kind they are. We have a texas pride dump trailer and had to replace the axles after a few years. I think they were some cheap knockoffs but not 100% other than that it has been a pretty good trailer. We have went to load trails on all of our other dump trailers and haul trailers and have been pleased.

This... They typically do not use Dexter axles. I had a Texas Pride 24’ triple axle dump trailer and boy we’re those axles junk. If you can, give Ranch King a call and see what they can offer you. A huge portion of the trailers that I see in the oilfield are Ranch King’s due to their build quality. I can get you a contact if needed as they are local to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        Where did you purchase the Top Hat? I looked on their website and you have to buy thru a dealer.
        Really?? We drove up and looked at their "factory" production and they had what we wanted on their lot. So we asked if we could buy it straight away. They sold it to us. Um... this was in the year 2000, so it is possible they stopped direct sales.

But.. all of those companies are in that area and I'd bet most would sell one to you if you were standing there offering cash money.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
          This... They typically do not use Dexter axles. I had a Texas Pride 24’ triple axle dump trailer and boy we’re those axles junk. If you can, give Ranch King a call and see what they can offer you. A huge portion of the trailers that I see in the oilfield are Ranch King’s due to their build quality. I can get you a contact if needed as they are local to me.

X3 Make sure whatever trailer you go with has the Dexter axles. I won't buy a trailer without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Just look at the materials they use, how heavy the beams are, crossmembers, and how far apart the crossmembers are.

PJ makes a heavier trailer than most, in my experience.
            Pj makes one of if not the best trailer on the market. Loadmaster is very comparable. I would not buy anything but one of those. Sure the rest will work but they just are not built as well

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              Pj makes one of if not the best trailer on the market. Loadmaster is very comparable. I would not buy anything but one of those. Sure the rest will work but they just are not built as well
              You mean load max?

I've seen welds fail on both load max and PJ trailers. They're good trailers don't get me wrong, but I would put a Performance or Diamond C against either one of them any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                You mean load max?

I've seen welds fail on both load max and PJ trailers. They're good trailers don't get me wrong, but I would put a Performance or Diamond C against either one of them any day of the week.
                Yes loadmax.

Comment

Working...
                X