Air compressor dryer/filter setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air compressor dryer/filter setup

I have been dealing with condensation in my compressed air for years in Houston. This weekend I put together some parts in an attempt at waterless air. So far so good!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you have moisture in your air after that, you are just SOL bro.

Comment

This setup gives me 28' in the vertical lines plus I added around 30 foot before to help cool the air. I hope this solves my issue for good, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        If you have moisture in your air after that, you are just SOL bro.
        Lol, I am thinking the same!

Comment

or change compressor types?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
            or change compressor types?
            Not sure I follow; Water condensation is a natural occurrence and a byproduct of compressing air.

Comment

Those PP units are good little units for what they are. Pex will never cool the air like copper, but it's cheap, and works.
              I would add a desiccant filter(not sure what you have at the bottom of your traps, but looks like just a couple seperators) at the end of your traps, or if you want to spend even more money, add a coalescing filter in front of the desiccant.
              Last edited by MadHatter; 03-26-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Not sure I follow; Water condensation is a natural occurrence and a byproduct of compressing air.
                You can't paint with moisture in there, it also ruins your pneumatic guns.
                People do it all the time, but that's kinda like hunting in the rain with a nice rifle, and then never wiping it down.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  You can't paint with moisture in there, it also ruins your pneumatic guns.

People do it all the time, but that's kinda like hunting in the rain with a nice rifle, and then never wiping it down.
                  Agree, that is what started the project. I was replying to the guy that said change compressor type.

I have a desiccant filter ordered. The pipe is aluminium but agree copper would have been better!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    Agree, that is what started the project. I was replying to the guy that said change compressor type.

I have a desiccant filter ordered. The pipe is aluminium but agree copper would have been better!

Nice, you just painted it. Thought that was blue pex .

Comment

Have you tried a refrigerated air drier? That's what we use in pneumatic control systems, also takes filters like you have.

Industrial users use regenerating dessicant driers and achieve dewpoints of -110°F. But the waste a lot of air in the regeneration cycle.

You may also try a automatic tank drain, the timer and solenoid type.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        Have you tried a refrigerated air drier? That's what we use in pneumatic control systems, also takes filters like you have.

Industrial users use regenerating dessicant driers and achieve dewpoints of -110°F. But the waste a lot of air in the regeneration cycle.

You may also try a automatic tank drain, the timer and solenoid type.
                        That sounds way too expensive for my projects!

Comment

Do you have an auto tank drain? These are not too expensive, and move most of the water out. Less than $100.
                          https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Electronic-Timed-Moisture-Compressor/dp/B016BJLG4C/ref=asc_df_B016BJLG4C/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4584001418915956&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                          X