I need SNOW clothes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need SNOW clothes...

Anyone near Leander have any "snow" type clothes I can borrow?

Actually I don't know what I need. We are taking the kids to Colorado for Spring Break and the plan is to take them sledding one day. No skiing. No snow boarding. Just one day (more likely an hour or two) of sledding. That should be about the extent of it.

What clothes do I need? Figure I can wear my rubber hunting boots. I have a warm, waterproof jacket. Thinking I need some water proof bibs, correct? I should have some waterproof gloves. I just don't want to go buy something that I will wear one time. Can anyone help? For size reference I'm 5'10, and 178 lbs. Waste is a 34, and a medium or large shirt size. Anyone?

Thanks!

Get some old jeans and startch them up good. Long underwear and jeans. Good socks and boots. Cover your head and wear sunscreen

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

Actually I don't know what I need. We are taking the kids to Colorado for Spring Break and the plan is to take them sledding one day. No skiing. No snow boarding. Just one day (more likely an hour or two) of sledding. That should be about the extent of it.

What clothes do I need? Figure I can wear my rubber hunting boots. I have a warm, waterproof jacket. Thinking I need some water proof bibs, correct? I should have some waterproof gloves. I just don't want to go buy something that I will wear one time. Can anyone help? For size reference I'm 5'10, and 178 lbs. Waste is a 34, and a medium or large shirt size. Anyone?

Thanks!
      When are you going up? Any chance you are passing thru Lubbock on the drive?
      I have some snow board pants you could use

Comment

When I ski I wear my carhart bibs with a little scotchguard applied

Comment

You have it covered. Just add cheap snow pants or carhartts with water proof spray.

Comment

Coming from someone who grew up in Michigan, snow is not that big of a deal. You could honestly do this in a pair of jeans and long underwear (some may call this a base layer). A cheap pair of snow pants or wind breaker style jogging pants might help.

Just remember, it's going to be cold but have fun with it. Before you know it, you will be back in TX wishing for a cold front!

Comment

Wind breaker and wind pants as outside layer or use your waterproof jacket and scotch guard some jeans. Been skiing for years on spring break.

Comment

Not sure you mean by “rubber boots” but you’ll be miserable in true rubber boots. Zero insulation and they don’t breath so your feet will sweat and get cold quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got some ski bibs that should fit you just right. Cover shipping and you can borrow them.

Comment

Just grab some blue jeans and apply scotch guard to them. It’s makes them g waterproof. Wear some leggings or something underneath them.
                    I use to ski in blue jeans that were scotch guarded. Worked great

Comment

sunscreen and vaseline for protection of corner or eyes/nose from cold wind will help the little ones

Comment

Thanks!
                        I have everything that the mountains can throw at you for skiing. I'm in cedar Park 34" waist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
                          Hit send before done. I'm a huge skier with multiple jackets, multiple gloves, goggles etc. From warm spring skiing to white out powder. I've got you covered. You can borrow my ski bin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t see why there’s a need for waterproof anything for what you will be doing, and most likely it will be a dry snow.
                            As already stated, avoid rubber boots.
                            Good boots, wool socks and jeans will work just fine, you can add long underwear if you feel the need. Carhartt bibs if it’s cold or damp.
                            I lived and worked (outdoor job for the most part) in northern Illinois for 30 years, you’ll be fine

And have fun!!!

Comment

I wore nomad fleece lined pants and merrel hiking boots a few weeks ago.

Or, most places rent what you need by the day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X