Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secluded cabins/ranches to stay at in Montana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secluded cabins/ranches to stay at in Montana?

I’m looking for a place to stay in Montana, western Montana to be exact. In the mountainous areas. I’m looking for something a bit more secluded. I don’t want to be around 5-10 other cabins all lumped together. I’d like to be able to drive/hike into the wilderness/park areas. Do some fishing (doesn’t matter what kind). Possibly buy a small game license and shoot some food if anything is in season when I’m there. I’m not looking for luxury amenities. A fire place, bed, small kitchen, and toilet would be fine. WiFi would be a plus also. The more remote the better. This is a place I’d return to multiple times throughout the year most likely. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I’ve been looking on Home Away, but the places they have are mostly the exact opposite of what I’m looking for.

I’ve stayed around the Kalispell area before in the past when I was visiting Glacier NP. The place I stayed at was nice, but it was too close to other people. Cabins all in a row by a road way.

Thanks,

In for any reply’s. I’d like to spend a week or so at the same type place.

Comment

I’ve spent a lot of time in western MT and eastern ID. A cabin that fits your description would be the Macgruder Rangers Station just on the Idaho side of the Bitterroot. Take 93 up to Darby MT, then cut across the Nez Pierce Pass. You’d never know you’re in Idaho if you didn’t look at a map.

Nevermind. Didn’t see the WiFi part. Absolutely zero cell or internet service for some ways there. My favorite aspect of it.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234301 The link just in case anyways.
      Last edited by TX03RUBI; 09-19-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I’ve spent a lot of time in western MT and eastern ID. A cabin that fits your description would be the Macgruder Rangers Station just on the Idaho side of the Bitterroot. Take 93 up to Darby MT, then cut across the Nez Pierce Pass. You’d never know you’re in Idaho if you didn’t look at a map.

Nevermind. Didn’t see the WiFi part. Absolutely zero cell or internet service for some ways there. My favorite aspect of it.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234301 The link just in case anyways.
        I don’t have to have WiFi. I can get a sat phone for an emergency situation. I’ll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          I don’t have to have WiFi. I can get a sat phone for an emergency situation. I’ll check it out.
          It’s right at the intersection of the Clearwater River and Deep Creek. The Selway runs into the Clearwater about 10 miles down the forest service rd. You run into less than a handful of people staying there 7-10 days at a time. It’s one of two cabins in 1.8ish million acres. You can buy a small game license for $50ish, and the grouse are plentiful. I’ve taken a few grouse there for cooking, and have excellent luck with trout on the fly there. One of my favorite getaways.

The cabin itself is very primitive, but comfortable. Gas stove, gas lamps to light the house, a gas fridge, and gas water heater with running water. No electricity I’ve caught some really nice cutthroats less than 100 yds from the front door..

Comment

I fish that area with a 40 cal in the front wader pocket. Big grizzly country. Have fun

Comment

Check this one out:

Explore Double Arrow Lookout in Lolo National Forest, Montana with Recreation.gov. The Double Arrow Lookout offers guests a chance to see the Seeley valley and the adjacent Swan Mountains from a different and unique vantage point, high above t

Comment

Will check back

Comment

Working...
                X