$200 Semiauto at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$200 Semiauto at Walmart

Anybody bought one of the $200 autos from Walmart? The brand name was Hatfield if I remember correctly, but I have never hear of them. They had it in 12 and 20. Probably not the best gun ever made, but if at all reliable, that's a pretty good deal. Almost bought one, but wanted to check into them a little first. Initial reviews sound OK.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...d-sas-shotgun/

Comment

That was the first review I read. I was curious if others had a feed issue and if theirs worked itself out after a few boxes.

Comment

From my shotgun experience, and I’ve been behind a few of them. When it comes to buying a new shotgun, if you aren’t going to spend $600 and up then get a decent pump. You’ll be happier that way. If you looked around used you may come upon something worth buying in the $400 category.

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
          From my shotgun experience, and I’ve been behind a few of them. When it comes to buying a new shotgun, if you aren’t going to spend $600 and up then get a decent pump. You’ll be happier that way. If you looked around used you may come upon something worth buying in the $400 category.

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's a good deal.

Comment

for $200, i would be willing to give it a shot. Might go see if the walmart by the house has one.

Comment

Deerguy, I too am curious if anyone who has actually shot one or owns one has some input. I thought the review you posted was pretty interesting.

Comment

If they had a 20 i would be more interested.

Comment

I guess oktx actually posted the review.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    If they had a 20 i would be more interested.
                    I think they do have a 20.

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
                      Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Very true. On the other hand, it could be.

I bought a Stoeger M2000 in 2004(ish) for I think $325 NITB, that I've used exclusively in dove fields and duck sloughs every year since, to the neglect of several other guns that just stay in the safe. The first season it gave me some issues with light loads, with nary a problem since. It's probably got 5 coats of Krylon on it (finally got it figured out). I'll shoot it until I lose it. It has paid for itself time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                        Very true. On the other hand, it could be.

I bought a Stoeger M2000 in 2004(ish) for I think $325 NITB, that I've used exclusively in dove fields and duck sloughs every year since, to the neglect of several other guns that just stay in the safe. The first season it gave me some issues with light loads, with nary a problem since. It's probably got 5 coats of Krylon on it (finally got it figured out). I'll shoot it until I lose it. It has paid for itself time and time again.
                        You have to be willing to roll the dice, and I don’t like rolling the dice. Then you have to be accepting of when there are issues, like the first season you had with it. I am not accepting of that. I like reliability, and I don’t treat my hunting shotguns nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

The reviews are actually good...

Comment

Following... Would make a good "Truck" gun...

Comment

I bought one of their single barrels a couple of years ago to keep on my utv. It has taken a beating and has held up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X