Need to vent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to vent!

Frustration set in yesterday, wife and I had plenty things to get done in and around town, started around nine in the morning got down from the tree wasent seeing much and got inside to get ready to go. After a long day we headed back and I realized I would not have enough time to get into the tree. Well long story short I went to make a sneak on my spot to take a peek and see if there was anything at the feeder, there was a lone doe eating, when BAM! Big wide buck steps out behind her and jumps in the feed pen with little shooting light left it was salt in the wound. Hope I get a chance again... sorry had to rant but the pain is real!

You had to know that was going to happen

Comment

Life’s hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Life’s hard.
        Ha yea kinda sucks but hey we still got time left in the season so hopefully they don't run off to far!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          You had to know that was going to happen
          Well if I would have went by my deer season crystal ball yea I knew something like that would happen!

Comment

He'll b back. Everything will fall into place and you'll get another chance. Stuff like that happens to me and my wife tells me everything happens for a reason. Keep positive thoughts and lean forward all the way. Good luck on your next sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
              He'll b back. Everything will fall into place and you'll get another chance. Stuff like that happens to me and my wife tells me everything happens for a reason. Keep positive thoughts and lean forward all the way. Good luck on your next sit.
              Thanks man I'll be back out this afternoon since I work this weekend morning shift. Definitely needed the positive thoughts cause man can that keep you up at night!

Comment

I am pretty sure that is one of Murphy's Laws. I hope you get him next time.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                  I am pretty sure that is one of Murphy's Laws. I hope you get him next time.
                  Drives me crazy the rut is a few days if not a week away, thanks for the positive thoughts guys need it cause laying eyes on deer of that size in this area doesn't happen often but I'm thinking I will get my chance here soon I'll keep y'all updated

Comment

Just to make you feel better. Neighbors probably shot him this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Just to make you feel better. Neighbors probably shot him this morning.
                      Ha thanks appreciate that! I'll be sure to re vist this to update as soon stick him or get a text from the neighbor!

Comment

Will update this afternoon start a live thread

Comment

That's what you get for going to "town". LOL

Comment

Glad you got to lay eyes on him, but now that you know he is there you better be smarter about your hunting or you are going to bust him out of there for good. never try to sneak into your hunting area at a time when there is a good chance that deer are going to be there to see you. Chalk it up as a lost afternoon and get after them the next day when you can go in without taking a good chance on being seen. Good luck with getting an arrow in him

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                              Glad you got to lay eyes on him, but now that you know he is there you better be smarter about your hunting or you are going to bust him out of there for good. never try to sneak into your hunting area at a time when there is a good chance that deer are going to be there to see you. Chalk it up as a lost afternoon and get after them the next day when you can go in without taking a good chance on being seen. Good luck with getting an arrow in him
                              Yes definitely will be more cautious on how I enter and exit my stand
                              I have a few doe that are regulars in that spot so hopefully he stays with them thanks and I'll update as to what happens next

Comment

Working...
                              X