Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else in Oil related fields seeing a slowdown already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been very busy for about a year and a half ( small machine shop ) but since oil took this little dip it seems like things are slowing down quick for me. Im not sure if its just my main customers, or more widespread.

Anyone have some insight?

We haven't even seen much of an uptick yet. But that's offshore

Comment

No

Comment

I’m getting bust flash backs.
        But no haven’t seen any slow down in the equipment hauling midland Odessa area.

Comment

The oilfield crash has really taken it's toll on Lafayette/Broussard area. Dozens of smaller businesses along Hwy 90 (machine shops, specialty tooling, trucking companies, etc...) have closed down with FOR SALE signs on their property. I know several people who are employed with Halliburton and were transferred from Laffy to HOU. Houses in my neighborhood are usually on the market for 3-6 months before they are sold, often times below comps.

Comment

On my side of the patch, ALS/ GasLift slowed down at all. Heard about two more startups that the knocking around right now. Wish they would die before coming to a head

Comment

We're getting close to the end of the year and some people are running out of budget money. Haven't seen much of a slowdown on the upstream side of things.

Comment

I think its just end of the year, final quarter and at the end of budget for the year. Should ramp back up at the beginning of next year.

Comment

The machine shop I used to work at is out of work right now. I was taking to them the other day and they were saying they were probably gonna have to cut the guys hours back to 32.

Comment

I have a couple buddies working cement for the big H. They are my go to guys, when someone wants a job. According to them, things are holding steady, but not much booming going on.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Last quarter is always a slowdown for us. We saw a little slowdown in August/September but October has been better.

Keep hearing about how the subsea projects are going to start ramping up in 2019...we will see.

Comment

I supply pressure test equipment to the patch and I do service on our equipment as well... first sign of recovery we saw was a big uptick in repairs/refurbishments on test units... That is still going strong, but now folks are actually bidding out new units, both my OEM's and end users... Many are budget number bids for FY 2019... for some (us included) FY 2018 ends today (10/31/18), so after the new year (some calendar and some Fiscal) new budgets will kick in, and capital purchase should start to come in... I have a board meeting this week and have submitted a budget to the board for approval that has a pretty aggressive growth plan in it for '19... My best base of business is still non-existent and that is deep water offshore GoM drilling and new facilities... Probably be 2020 before it is back... If the mid-terms don't go Blue, I am very confident in the forecast I have put forward. If they go blue, all bets are off... The last time the Blues were in charge, they dang near put me out of business... I'm hoping for a Red Tide so to speak so I can keep riding it!

Comment

I think it is just seasonal Q4 softness you are seeing attributable to budget, weather, and some bottlenecks particularly in the Permian. Should pick up back up in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              The oilfield crash has really taken it's toll on Lafayette/Broussard area. Dozens of smaller businesses along Hwy 90 (machine shops, specialty tooling, trucking companies, etc...) have closed down with FOR SALE signs on their property. I know several people who are employed with Halliburton and were transferred from Laffy to HOU. Houses in my neighborhood are usually on the market for 3-6 months before they are sold, often times below comps.
                              Lafayette has taken a hard hit over the last several years, for sure. .

Comment

Working...
                              X