F350 Going in for Kevlar Paint!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F350 Going in for Kevlar Paint!!!

So I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. Finally going to pull the trigger on it. It goes to LMR Customs of Texas in Fort Worth tomorrow. I’ve gradually been buying parts for it to go along with the build. Front and back Fab Fours bumpers, new 07 grill, custom step bars, Bushwhacker OE style fender flares, Deezee diamond plate rail caps and tailgate cap. All of those parts will be painted with the Kevlar as well. I’ll also be ordering new 17”-18” black wheels with Toyo AT2 35” tires after the build. Wheels on back order.
    I’ve really been debating between a darker shade of Desert tan or OD Green. I’ve finally settled on the Desert Tan. I’ll have a US Flag on one side and a Texas flag on the other on the front corners of the front doors. You can go find them on Facebook to look at examples. They said 7-10 days to finish. Still some decisions to make before tomorrow. So anyways follow along and see what it looks like afterwards.

How it looks now.....

com/20181011/9d662f2719ef8718ba088887c53edd36.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is this suppose to protect better than say bed liner type material against hail, rocks, etc. first time I’ve heard of Kevlar paint. Looked at pics online and looks pretty cool

Comment

The truck is in good shape for being almost 19 years old and has rust on the top, paint coming off the hood and also little dents and dings that they are going to take care of while it’s in there. As much as I have spent on upgrading suspension and performance I figure it’s time to make the outside look good too. Pretty excited.

Comment

I bet it will look good. How much will that set you back,10K?

Comment

Watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
            Is this suppose to protect better than say bed liner type material against hail, rocks, etc. first time I’ve heard of Kevlar paint. Looked at pics online and looks pretty cool

I looked at bed liner type paint too. This hands down looks 100x better. It’ll definitely protect he truck much better. Also it is fade resistant and had a smooth texture to it unlike bed liner. I actually went to LRM to see it in person before making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              I bet it will look good. How much will that set you back,10K?

Well...lol.
              That’s one reason it took me so long to pull the trigger. $7000 but it also includes rust repair on top, pulling some small dents, welding the front of the bed back together where it had separated from a dirt bike coming in too hot, and spraying the bumpers, step bars, bed rails/tailgate cap, mirrors, all door and tailgate handles, and fender flares. Plus they install all these new parts. What’s really nice is they actually pull the door panels and spray inside as well as all the door jambs. One reason it’s that high is because this truck is a long bed and Frikin huge. A Jeep I think would be much less.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                I looked at bed liner type paint too. This hands down looks 100x better. It’ll definitely protect he truck much better. Also it is fade resistant and had a smooth texture to it unlike bed liner. I actually went to LRM to see it in person before making a decision.

Cool. I like the flat look on the pics I saw. Can’t wait to see the finished results.

Comment

How much weight does it add to the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    How much weight does it add to the truck?

No clue. Can’t imagine it’s all that much. Those new bumpers is what’s gonna add some weight lol.

Comment

These Jeeps are kind of my inspiration. They are on their Facebook page.

Comment

I just spoke to them not long ago..my 2013 ram will be there soon after I finish buying a few new parts. Its a bad*** coating. In for the finished pictures...
                        Last edited by ABroussard; 10-10-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
                          I just spoke to them not long ago..my 2013 ram will be there soon after I finish buying a few new parts. Its a bad*** coating. In for the finished pictures...

What’s fun is to go to the shop and look at all the custom jeeps and monster vehicles that they are working on. It’s ridiculous.

Comment

Very interested. Watching

Comment

Sweet. Would love to do the exact same thing. Need to find a place somewhere around Conroe that can do this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X