Pretty embarrassing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty embarrassing.

Well, this is embarrassing. Picked up my bow for the first time since last October while I was at deer camp this weekend. I found an old bow target and was excited to shoot some arrows with my buddy. Totally forgot proper form and let one fly with my elbow totally inwards.. string slapped the ever loving crap out of me. Dang near shaved my arm and lit the hair on fire.

The good news is, I acquired this awesome reminder not to do that again. And, the bow is still dialed in, even if I wasn’t.

Go ahead and bring on the flaming. lol.
    Attached Files

Lesson learned.

Comment

I guess you need to read the post about you back yarders that get your bows out the week of bow season...

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
        Well, this is embarrassing. Picked up my bow for the first time since last October while I was at deer camp this weekend. I found an old bow target and was excited to shoot some arrows with my buddy. Totally forgot proper form and let one fly with my elbow totally inwards.. string slapped the ever loving crap out of me. Dang near shaved my arm and lit the hair on fire.

The good news is, I acquired this awesome reminder not to do that again. And, the bow is still dialed in, even if I wasn’t.

Go ahead and bring on the flaming. lol.
        Probably not a good thing to admit on a Bowhunting forum. Wait, very few on here bow hunts anyway. You are good!

Comment

Goodness! I've done it before but never quite like that. It'll be like that for a month too!

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

That's a good one!

Comment

that's why I don't practice. Can't risk getting hurt before season starts

Comment

Dang son bet that smarts

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Shorten that draw a couple inches....

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        Probably not a good thing to admit on a Bowhunting forum. Wait, very few on here bow hunts anyway. You are good!
                        Last year was my first year bow hunting. I came to this forum to learn. I'm not beyond admitting my faults.

I definitely caught a somewhat painful and highly visible reminder that training often is critical. My mental checklist was non-existent that day and I paid for it. I know many people on here are probably going to let me have it. Some will give advice, some will poke fun, others will talk down about it, but at the end of the day it is still a lesson learned.

I grew up taught to learn from mistakes, not try to hide them.... NOW..if I post this same thing next year?... then I have a major, MAJOR problem.

Comment

You'd think with what you spent on that bow that it wouldn't do that! Oh well, chicks dig scars!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            This is so true and yet so very sad

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Shorten that draw a couple inches....
                              That is what I was thinking. I don't even think it is possible hit my arm there with the string.

Comment

Working...
                              X