Brown Bear vs Black Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Bear vs Black Bear

If you think you can climb a tree and escape from a bear, watch this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hURgA_BNSGc"]SOW DEFENDS CUB! CRAZY BLACK BEAR FOOTAGE CAPTURED! - YouTube[/ame]

wow that's crazy

Comment

I have seen first hand how fast those things can get up a tree. While sitting in my stand in Saskatchewan I had a sow get spooked by a boar that was coming in and she went up a tree right next to me and went from the ground to about 20ft above my head in about 1.2 seconds. Amazing.

Comment

Strong tree

Comment

Wow, very strong tree. Crazy! What's the best solution? Lie down on the ground and not breathe?

Comment

Cool video, although that is a black bear sow, not a brown bear (aka grizzly).

Comment

Wow that 800 pound bear scaled up that tree in a couple seconds, and here I am can’t even do a pull up.

Comment

The guy was kind of a jerk when she asked if she could look.

Comment

Very cool, but the title is misleading. I was expecting a confrontation between a griz and a black bear.

Comment

Dang!!!!
                    They can deff cover ground fast

Comment

Originally posted by stephenortiz147 View Post
                      Wow, very strong tree. Crazy! What's the best solution? Lie down on the ground and not breathe?
                      Black bears you are supposed to try to put up a fight. If they think they're defending their cubs, you're probably still f'd in the b.

Brown bears? Most of the time they're annoyed that you're in their territory and just want you gone. It's a respect thing. You calmly but steadily back out of their area without panicking. Show the animal respect, but not fear. Again, if it's really mad at you or has decided you're food, best bet is to get right with God right then and there because you're fixing to meet Him.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        Very cool, but the title is misleading. I was expecting a confrontation between a griz and a black bear.
                        Nvmd, just read that that was a black bear sow chasing a boar.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                          Same here. Cool video for sure. Poor tree was doing what it could to stay upright lol

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                            Wow that 800 pound bear scaled up that tree in a couple seconds, and here I am can’t even do a pull up.
                            That's not an 800 pound bear

Comment

If anyone thinks they can out climb or out run a bear they're an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                              X