• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowBuddy2 View Post
    My German Shepherd didn’t drink much but the ****zoo did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Probably did you a favor by offing the *****zu

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      Some of you need to do a little research on Blue-green algae. If the stream is flowing, you probably are ok, but the water does not have to be stagnant for blue-green algae to grow.
      Whoa, whoa whoa! We much prefer to pop off at the mouth on things we don’t know cuz “hell when I was a kid....”
      Last edited by Playa; 10-06-2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

If I would swim in it... Them no

If i wouldn't get in it I don't let them swim or drink

Comment

I wade fish this creek weekly and I did get diarrhea once when I fell down and inhaled a little water. But the dogs drank in the flow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy2 View Post
            I took my dogs for a walk and I forgot about the creek and them drinking it. You think I have anything to worry about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Uhhhh, I can’t take you serious with this question lol. Or maybe you are serious and just trying to see what kind of funny remarks you can get for posting such a dumb question...

Comment

Copenhagen, Dog. Dog, Copenhagen. You probably don't have to take it that far, a double shot of Turkey 101 will do.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                Uhhhh, I can’t take you serious with this question lol. Or maybe you are serious and just trying to see what kind of funny remarks you can get for posting such a dumb question...
                Hey I'm serious, I havent owned a dog since I was a kid. I never had time for one. I wouldn't have gotten the German Shepherd but I took him from an abusive owner, the shiktzu is my wife's. I have never really liked caring for a dog, I don't pet dogs. I take him on a long walk a couple times a month. I have kids that come over and play with him. I'd get rid of him but my wife won't let me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  I almost lost a dog to stagnant creek water at the Bull Creek dog park in Austin. She was very sick. I think they’ve since closed it due to high levels of bacteria in the creek.
                  Dang that is scary! Glad your pup is ok. Something as innocent as a dog jumping in a pond or river to play can kill them so quickly. A guy down in Bastrop said his very high dollar duck dog collapsed within seconds of getting out of the river, and was dead before he could even rush him to the vet. I think it has a neurotoxin effect, similar to a coral snake bite, and shuts down their nervous system.

Comment

My dog drank out of Ladybird lake. Now she wants free dog food. Demands the cat share her food. Wants her obedience classes payed for and now for the first time she is gun shy. Do not let you dog drink out of any body of water around Austin.

(There is some bacteria that can kill a K9 in and around Austin creeks.)

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                      Hey I'm serious, I havent ownedok, a dog since I was a kid. I never had time for one. I wouldn't have gotten the German Shepherd but I took him from an abusive owner, the shiktzu is my wife's. I have never really liked caring for a dog, I don't pet dogs. I take him on a long walk a couple times a month. I have kids that come over and play with him. I'd get rid of him but my wife won't let me.

Ok, gotcha, unless the water sewage or contaminated with other chemicals, it should be fine. Dogs are much better equipped to deal with bacteria and such that occurs naturally in untreated water

Comment

Probably just trying to get the taste of it’s own @$) out of it’s mouth.

It will be fine

Comment

they could get sick but nothing too bad.

Comment

A Texas woman is using the unexpected passing of her beloved dog as a warning for other pet owners to be wary of water that may contain toxic algae. 

Comment

OP,
                              its a real question and concern. I dove hunted my ranch last weekend and wouldn't get my dog out of the truck near the ponds for fear of the killer algae. We haven't had much rain or fresh water in those ponds since April. Had a buddy lose his yellow lab earlier this year because it drank from a stagnant pond in East Texas. I never thought about this with my other dogs before but its top of mind now.

Comment

Working...
                              X