Social Media Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    He did say before he ever saw him in person that it looked like a mature deer. The rule is to prevent 2-3 yr old young bucks to not be killed. I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I posted here and Facebook. My Facebook is “friends only” and not public viewing. I mentioned TBH and he said he hasn’t been on here. Social media was the reason they received calls. That would mean TBH and Facebook. He is doing his job. The deer is exceptionally close especially depending on where measurements are taken. The fact is they contacted me from multiple calls regarding my deer seen on social media. He proceeded with investigation, checked the deer and went on his way. Any calls he gets now he will state already checked and move on.

The only public view of my deer is on here unless a family member or TBHr that is friends on Book of Faces did so. I lurked on TBH well before I became a member. Anyone could have found it and called.

He is obligated to check it out, and he was simply doing his job. I would still like to know if a GW woud issue a ticket for that buck it it only measured 12 7/8". The law/rule was intended to let young bucks grow, but I don't believe it was intended to cite a violation for a mature buck/tropphy like yours.

We are not FB friends, but I was able to see it when I went to your page.
    Last edited by Burnadell; 10-05-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

He did say before he ever saw him in person that it looked like a mature deer. The rule is to prevent 2-3 yr old young bucks to not be killed. I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I posted here and Facebook. My Facebook is “friends only” and not public viewing. I mentioned TBH and he said he hasn’t been on here. Social media was the reason they received calls. That would mean TBH and Facebook. He is doing his job. The deer is exceptionally close especially depending on where measurements are taken. The fact is they contacted me from multiple calls regarding my deer seen on social media. He proceeded with investigation, checked the deer and went on his way. Any calls he gets now he will state already checked and move on.

The only public view of my deer is on here unless a family member or TBHr that is friends on Book of Faces did so. I lurked on TBH well before I became a member. Anyone could have found it and called.

So a game warden was concerned about whether or not a 184” deer was 13”? That would of been awesome if it was 12 7/8” wide and he wrote you a ticket for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        He is obligated to check it out, and he was simply doing his job. I would still like to know if a GW woud issue a ticket for that buck it it only measured 12 7/8". The law/rule was intended to let young bucks grow, but I don't believe it was intended to cite a violation for a mature buck/tropphy like yours.

We are not FB friends, but I was able to see it when I went to your page.
        He would not have from what he told me but again that’s my understanding. If the deer would have been a 2-3 yr old then may be another story.

I just googled and found my deer 4 pics in the top 12 photos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nothing on FB is sacred. Normally your friends, friends can see it if they comment on it. Just my experience, but I'm not very computer savy. Glad all went well.
          Last edited by doghouse; 10-05-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Sorry you got to go through that! Fine buck!

Comment

Must not have been very bright....anyone who saw the pic's should have known it was a managed place and that ar didnt count

Comment

Dang I apologize, I have been meaning to get my Road hunting at night post up to keep the gw's busy, just haven't got to it yet. Sorry guys I'll try to do better!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Must not have been very bright....anyone who saw the pic's should have known it was a managed place and that ar didnt count
                  We aren’t MLD. Still follow all state laws and regulations! Can’t just shoot whatever we want.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    What a bunch of trash *** TBHers calling in a buck on a guy who said it was legal. Pure jealous trash.

Takes a special kind of ******bag..
                    This^^^^🙄

Comment

If a biologist ages a deer that is <13 and it is mature, there should be no case if the law is really to allow deer to mature. Sorry you had to go through the hassle for an obviously mature buck!

Comment

The Blue Falcons fly strong here...

Comment

We aren’t MLD. Still follow all state laws and regulations! Can’t just shoot whatever we want.
                          Hmm, interesting
                          Last edited by flywise; 10-05-2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the buck. The way these TBH “brothers” were talking to each other a couple days ago regarding the DPD officer involved shooting, nothing would surprise me. Again, congrats on a great buck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Hmm, interesting
                              We won’t be MLD for 3 yrs. A Lot goes into that. The State doesn’t just hand out tags and say here you go. Good read sometime if you ever what to look into it.

Comment

We won’t be MLD for 3 yrs. A Lot goes into that. The State doesn’t just hand out tags and say here you go. Good read sometime if you ever what to look into it.
                                I'm not that terested....I'll never be on a.place with MLD.
                                Nice buck

Comment

Working...
                                X