Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ctom's Opening Weekend!!!

LET'SSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working last weekend, but by the looks of the posts, it was a blessing in disguise. Should be about 10 degrees cooler.

This is my first time ever on any land. I've shot 5 deer -- all rifle -- 2 doe, 2 spike and a buck in Oklahoma that would not have made AR here. I'm going after my first Texas buck and couldn't be any more excited.

It's been crazy going to the lease once a month every month since I got on in March taking care of the place. Lots of research. At times, probably over thinking it. So I'm setting my brain aside I have my best friend with me and it's his first time ever hunting. He's unable to shoot deer on the property we're on and he doesn't have a bow anyway, so the plan is as follows:

- Drive out tonight
    - Hunt in blind A until about 10:30 or so.
    - Go find a place to shoot dove from 11:30 to 3ish
    - get back in the stand around 4 or so
    - at night, KAP. Got my Sightmark Wraith on sale on Amazon for $444 and it had free 2 day shipping. Didn't believe it at first but it did come in 2 days. It's set up on my .223 throwing 75 gr Hornady Black. There are some big nasty's out there that need to taste lead.
    - Wake up Sunday and repeat if the hunt Saturday isn't as successful as we hope.

I've gotta conference call I have to be on Saturday and Sunday morning at 9 a.m. Hope they can hear me whispering inside the blind

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good time! Have fun and good luck!

Comment

It's going to be a blast. Can't wait. Heel to the steel right now!

Comment

best of luck

Comment

Got it done this morning!! First time shooting a bow after about a year's worth of practice. I thought I had the pin perfectly on him at 40 yards, but hit him well left of where I aimed. Ended up hitting him in the chest while he was broadside...not sure how. Also not sure what vital I hit. There was not a ton of blood, but we were able to track him about 350 yds down a hill through heavily wooded hillside. My best guess is I hit an artery. It helped that broadhead did not exit, the arrow broke as he ran off and I am guessing the broadhead continued to cut him up as he ran. Took us about 45 minutes to recover and a few more hours dragging him back up the hill and off to the processor. Very happy and pleased we got it done.

Comment

Pic

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the nice buck

Comment

Congrats! You done good!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Heck yeah man! We have all puIled a shot before! Im sure you were super nervous! The main thing is you recovered your deer. Huge Congrats

Comment

Found him

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats... Wonder if he spun on you at the shot

Either way CONGRATS!!

Comment

beautiful ..congrats

Comment

Congrats! Very nice buck!

Comment

Nice