Who played college football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
    The closest I came was Charlie Jones (not a relelative) from Lemoore High School. He was a senior when I was a freshman. He wound up going to Fresno State and setting alot of receiving records. Drafted by the San Diego Chargers. Played a few years.
    I went to Lemoore for a couple years

Comment

I played and the offensive line at SFA. Younger brother played LB at SMU.

Comment

Played DT at UMHB. 06,07,08,09 Won 4 rings. Lots of injuries shut me down.

Coaching now. Always knew I had the ability and have stayed in shape went to a tryout last spring, then signed and
        came out of retirement to play arena ball. Did pretty well for a middle age white guy. Scored my first ever TD, and got invited to the international all star game!

Also had another surgery[emoji41] I think I'm finally able to close that chapter now.

But this last picture is what it's all about. Post game prayer with the kids after a good game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          You drive a nice fancy new car like some of the other guys during those years? lol
          Nope I drove the only truck on campus. Parked in maintanence parking the entire time I was there. I did get subpoenaed to appear in front of the NCAA infractions committee for a ridiculously trivial offense. Didn’t own a suit so my “booster” bought me one to testify in. Oh the irony😎

Comment

I won an NFL Air it Out division championship in 99-00 at 31 years old. Ran a 4.62 40 in the skills competition and got a t shirt.

LOL.

Comment

Played OL at The University of Texas
              Partied a little much and blew out my shoulder
              Transferred to Hofstra, which y’all have probably never heard of, had my 3rd shoulder surgery and then gave it up and went to work. Plenty of regrets, but everything happens for a reason and would not have my wonderful wife and 2 great children if things would have worked out differently.

Comment

I played Soccer For Texas Tech but we all know that's not a real sport.lol

Comment

I could’ve played if I was bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic...

Comment

I played at Abilene Christian back when Gary Gaines (Odessa Permian) was on his way out of coaching - we weren't that good!

Comment

I played at Texas Lutheran for one season. Just got tired of football and gave up after my second ankle fracture.

Comment

My wife and Patrick Mahomes are fourth cousins.....on his mother’s side.

Comment

Played for USMMA (US Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY) on a scholarship... wanted to go to school away from home... Dang near over did it!! ECAC div II school. Had the opportunity to go to pro camp for Jets/Giants/Colts/Broncos... Me and 2 other classmates... I told 'em, that I ain't been huntin' in 4 years.. I'm gonna go home and go deer huntin'. I'll come next year... With 2 more invites, I never went back... My classmate that played line backer behind me (I was Def. Tackle or Def. end depending on formation) went to the camp and wound up with the Broncos... was all pro 3 years for Denver... Joe Rizzo... great guy. I wonder sometimes, "what if..." guess I'll never know. don't regret not going tho...

Was a heck of an experience for me tho. Hayseed plowboy from east Texas, went to New Your City to play football... I was like a fish out of water.. Ain't nothin' but the Lord got me through that!! Graduated in '75, only time I ever went back to campus was to take my wife there in the late 80's to show her what a beautiful campus it was... Our admin. building was the old Walter Chrysler mansion... Was a spoon-fed education and because it is a Federal academy like West Point, Annapolis, Coast Guard, Air Force, I got a commission in the USNR and served for 6 years. Met some great people along the way... for instance, my head coach was George Paterno, Joe paterno's twin brother... Met Broadway Joe Namath a lot. he and the Paternos were pretty close friends, and we got to try out new offenses and defenses that the Jets were thinking about implementing... had winning seasons all four years I played. Coach Paterno gave me his bother's 1959 Liberty Bowl watch because I was always complaining about his watch stopping during practice.... He told me, if you help us win this game against Hofstra this weekend, I'll give you this watch... We won and I had some key plays in the game that saved 2 touchdowns... I didn't know it was Joe's watch until he gave it to me...

Pretty cool stuff looking back on it...

Edit: One other thing, first football game I ever went to and sat in the stands and not on the field was my son's first middle school game at Kingwood Middle School!! I never was much of a spectator for football... Still ain't, especially the NFL...

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            Smu 81-86. See Eradicators avatar. 😎
                            Three Swc championships. Played with 38 guys who went on to play professionally.
                            The Pony Express. Glory Days!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              hello
                              Loseabet
                              #71 was a wata mocassin!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                You drive a nice fancy new car like some of the other guys during those years? lol
                                I played at Cisco Junior College for two years. Where I played with Herbert Davis from Temple. Great dude, never had a dime. Would do anything for ya. We always took him to Alsups for gut grenades and a drink late at night. Your thinking who is Herbert Davis?

Then I transferred to TCU and stood by and held hands in the huddle with Kenneth Davis great dude do anything for ya. Played with the Bills NFL guy from Temple.

He drove a brand new 280zx!

Their mom was not very fair with their allowances

Comment

Working...
                                X