No announcement yet.

Work decisions today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good opportunity. You might consider taking the yearly raises out of the pros and cons list. They can stop at any time with any company.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
      No not 10 a week. But with the loss of fuel card and higher insurance costs with the prospective company it comes out to around 30 a week or so extra.
      10-4. Sounds like a good opportunity. Good luck with your decision!

Comment

With all the things you've said about your current employer, seems like you answered the question yourself. The broken promises would do it for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not like you have to relocate and the time at home will be well worth the extra $30 per week. Honestly, I'm not sure what the hangup is with leaving? Don't burn bridges but explain to your employer what is going on and how you think you need to expand your horizon.

Comment

$30 a week cash difference

What is being able to spend more time at home worth?
            Do you have kids? How much is the value of missing time/activities with them?

Ultimately you and your wife have to make the decision

Not losing any money and being home more plus more job security/ stability would make the decision easy for me

I worked at a place for 12 yrs and hated it (didn’t even realize how much) and quit to go to school full time with 2 small kids to pursue a career that I knew was going to pay less.
            Best move I ever made
            I did not just up and quit, it was planned out and debt payed off and I worked part time job

But it can be done

Pray about it and go with your gut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

some people are quick to offer life changing advice with very little info

good luck to OP with your decision

Comment

Amen to the people offering advice without knowing the whole story. Your list of pros and cons for both employers is a good place to start. Having traveled a lot in my career I would say that time home is worth much more than money. You don't want to watch your kids grow up from a phone or a computer. Nothing beats being there. And for me, the deal-breaker would be promises not kept by current employer. That will only continue. Bail out now while you have an opportunity.

Comment

Leave on good terms. Tell them you need to provide more for your family. Thank them, shake hands and hug your bosses and leave.

Staying closer to home is priceless. For that reason alone do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always try to leave on the best terms possible. Looks like I will be accepting an offer

Comment

Good luck with your decision. I have the same decision to make in the next week or so.

Comment

$3.00 hr more? Guess I'm reading that wrong Justin. How could it = $30 more per week? .25 cents = $10 on a 40wk. At $3.00 more per hour, that's $120 per week more in gross. Maybe I'm reading ya wrong.

$120 week more and no travel sounds like the way to go. Less wear on your truck and money to cover fuel. Maybe a few left over for travel expenses for hunt-n and fishing?

Comment

Being home with your family means a lot.

Comment

Always do what’s best for you and your family. Your employee for sure is always looking out for themselves so you need to be also. If I could be home with my family more and not lose benefits and pay I’d move on. Seems like you know the company well

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                $3.00 hr more? Guess I'm reading that wrong Justin. How could it = $30 more per week? .25 cents = $10 on a 40wk. At $3.00 more per hour, that's $120 per week more in gross. Maybe I'm reading ya wrong.

$120 week more and no travel sounds like the way to go. Less wear on your truck and money to cover fuel. Maybe a few left over for travel expenses for hunt-n and fishing?
                                I had to take out 100 a week for fuel as I would be losing my fuel card and some more money a week for insurance cost difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X