Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, have fun and be SAFE!

Comment

Update: on wifi at our charter flight....Ryan Air......next door to RAVN air.......lol!!! No cell service on AT&T, but got wifi as a backup. Glenn's gun made it but his gear did not. [emoji3061] Next flight with his gear is 23 hours from now. [emoji33] Charter flight has been moved to 3:30 pm tomorrow......possibly......yep possibly. [emoji848] Otherwise Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. Stayed tuned as all this materializes s-l-o-w-l-y!!![emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Dang!
            Yessir....[emoji102]..now we having trouble finding a room to rent. Glenn has relatives here, or we can put up our tent on the runway treeline....lol.[emoji2957] These delays are seriously eating into my hunting days......flight back on the 6th! Guess, I can extend this adventure 2 or 3 days. Oh, the charter will land on a gravel runway in Flat, Ak. It is a ghost town now but was a goldmine town for decades. Hunting starts about 3 miles from Flat, Ak.

Comment

Raven is not the best airline but you do not have many choices. Everyone knows Oscar will get this done

Comment

Stay safe and best of luck Oscar.

I'm sure this will be an epic hunt and I'm ready for the recap.

Comment

I had to laugh, I did a quick GoogleEarth lookup of Flat then clicked on the Wikipedia link. Per 2000 census, 4 people live in Flat. One of only 6 places in the USA with a population of 4.

Comment

The white yarn is Aniak. To the right a few inches is Flat, Ak.

Wow! This cargo plane just landed it is packed with supplies and mail that eventually gets distributed all over the region......and guess who gets to geaux on a 2 hour delivery route with the Cessna pilot....lol!!! [emoji6] Better than sitting around here for sure.
                    We are off to the wild blue yonder, incredible aeronautical logistical plans! Kuskoquinn(?) River.....Jos Block, Crooked Creek, Red Devil next stop, and then onward to Sleetmute . It has a old Russian style church.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_154206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24580461Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_164128.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24580462Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_164134.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24580463Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_171948.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24580464Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_175958.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24580465

Comment

Get em' Oscar...Drill one!

Comment

During the 2 hour mail run we saw a very nice black bear and circled it a few times.[emoji199] I saw one moose and the pilot (Thane) saw 2 or 3 others.[emoji95] Thane has been up here 15 years from Oregon and has two planes of his own. Definitely loves the far north and what he does. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                          I had to laugh, I did a quick GoogleEarth lookup of Flat then clicked on the Wikipedia link. Per 2000 census, 4 people live in Flat. One of only 6 places in the USA with a population of 4.
                          Lol
                          .......so they are thriving!!![emoji2956] Great info sir, thx for sharing that.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            We are off to the wild blue yonder, incredible aeronautical logistical plans! Kuskoquinn(?) River.....Jos Block, Crooked Creek, Red Devil next stop, and then onward to Sleetmute . It has a old Russian style church.

The Kuskokwim River has a pretty good salmon run. My son was supposed to do some commercial fishing out in the Kuskokwim Bay a few years ago. You are just a little south or the Iditarod trail. Some hunting and fishing camps are set up better that those tiny bush villages.

EDIT: I think Jos Block is Chuathbaluk.
                            Last edited by AlaskaFlyerFan; 05-28-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

In!!!!!! Good luck Oscar!

Comment

I love hunting bear in AK

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X