6.5 ManBun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 ManBun

It's been reasonably established here on TBH that the official (unofficial) name for the 6.5 Creedmore is the 6.5 ManBun. To me, that isn't up for debate.

But, what about the 6 CM?

It seems that, in order to be hung with the ManBun moniker, a certain level of popularity needs to be involved, and I haven't noticed if the 6 CM has had that type of run.

So here's my question: Is the 6 CM to be re-dubbed the 6 ManBun, like the 6.5? Or is it still not fashionable enough to require the new descriptive nickname?

Signed,

Stuck at Work on a Friday at 6:38PM When I Should be Headed to the Lease

If you buy one and start saying things like “send it”and claim to be a sniper you are in the manbun crew! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is also a 6 Comp Match that has been 6CM before Creedmoor.

Comment

The 22creedmoor is the minimanbun. I was at the range a few days ago and a gentleman asked me if I was shooting a 22nosler. I replied to him expecting him to be a distant range friend for lack of better words “no sir it’s a minimanbun” and he just stared at me.

Comment

Just send it man

Comment

6mm Transvestite.

Comment

One of my match rifles is a 6 Creed. I shoot a 115 Dtac at 2,975fps from a 24” barrel. Almost zero recoil. Extremely accurate. Availablity of Lapua brass (necked down). It’s a very good tool for the job. Not sure what the man bun stuff is about, but to each their own.

Comment

DuN't yEw know BoY, .30-06 won two world wars! Ma daddy and my daddy's shot that round and that the way we AlWaYs dUn it! HA

Comment

Lol. I hear every case of 6.5 creedmuire comes with an Ed Hardy t-shirt and a coupon for sitka gear
                  Last edited by Pintail45; 12-22-2018, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I love how much hate this round gets from so many TBHers. It flat out performs well. Period. End of story. Either buy one or don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      I love how much hate this round gets from so many TBHers. It flat out performs well. Period. End of story. Either buy one or don’t.
                      I’ll stick with don’t.

The only reason it is popular is that gun manufacturers finally made barrels with a fast enough twist to stabilize high BC bullets, and ammo manufacturers made the super-duper ballistics mainstream. The chambering itself doesn’t do anything a 260 hasn’t been doing for a long time, and at 500 yards and less the whole BC thing doesn’t really matter.
                      Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 12-22-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                        I’ll stick with don’t.
                        I personally love mine. Great performance on game so far out to 250 yards. I guess I just don’t understand what all the hype is about. It’s another tested and proven deer killing caliber.

Comment

I thought it was the 6.5 CrossFit...

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            I personally love mine. Great performance on game so far out to 250 yards. I guess I just don’t understand what all the hype is about. It’s another tested and proven deer killing caliber.
                            Don’t get me wrong; I know it is a good caliber for medium sized game.

It just really cracks me up how Hornady reinvented the wheel, marketed the hell out of it, and now said cartridge is the be-all end-all in the current firearms world according to gun magazines and Internet forums.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                              I thought it was the 6.5 CrossFit...
                              ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X