Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

I am going to Arizona for a Mikey hunt. Any tips of stuff to practice during whitetail season?

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
    I am going to Arizona for a Mikey hunt. Any tips of stuff to practice during whitetail season?

I would suggest practicing at further distance for one. If your going to desert hunt you might have harder time closing in 50 yrds. The rut should still be pretty good so it gets the bucks to lose their defenses. I might be heading to Arizona myself for otc mule deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What unit are you considering?

Comment

We are starting in unit 29

Comment

Will this be your first archery mule deer hunt? Looks like 29 should be a good unit. I think that unit also holds a good population of coues deer.

Comment

Yes this is my first.

Comment

Will be following this thread. I want to do a hunt like this next year.

Comment

Was looking at the map 29 and I found an area that I would cover if I were hunting that unit. Plenty of glassing from the tops and can cover lots of ground bybstaying on top of saddles to glass lots of area. A few natural water tanks near by.

Comment

Comment

Here are a few mule deer that I have killed in New Mexico

Comment

Ya in am excited to just get out there. We are going for 4.5 days. One of the guys that we are going with does this every year so we are not completely blind going in. I am just going to throw as many arrows at my target as I can till then.

Comment

What would you take in your pack. We will be staying in an rv

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
                          I'll be doing the same in January. Keep up or start your conditioning now. It isn't CO high backcountry but you still have some elevation and miles to cover. Also you likely need to extend your hunting comfort range by 15 or more yards. I would also really work on your range estimation out past 30 yards. Good luck!

Comment

Usually in January I won’t back pack in so I don’t take much in my backpack. Game bags and you food and water for the day. I stay in RV as well. Nice to sleep in warm bed!!! [emoji106]. Good luck in your hunt.

Comment

Best advice is extend your range!

Comment

Working...
                              X